Why transfer your domain to Strikingly?
- Your domain will be automatically configured correctly for your Strikingly site. No fumbling with DNS records.
- You can manage your domain DNS from your Strikingly account.
- You can renew your domain from your Strikingly account.
- If you purchase a custom email address, your custom email will be automatically configured correctly. No need to set up the MX record yourself.
- If you use our Newsletter feature, your DKIM authentication will be automatically set up to ensure your delivery rate.
Note: For Yearly plans and above, the free 1-year domain credits received cannot be used for transferred domains.
- Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Step 2 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
- Step 3 - Get the authorization code
- Step 4 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
- Common domain transfer error messages
If you own a domain from one of the following registrars, instead of following the general instructions below, you can use the step-by-step guide for your specific registrar.
- 1&1 IONOS
- Crazy Domains
- Google Domains
- Network Solutions
Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Go to the domain transfer page, or click "Transfer Domain to Strikingly" on your Dashboard > Domains.
- Enter your domain and click "Transfer".
- Follow the steps below to authorize the transfer.
- Click "Continue Transfer".
Step 2 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
Log into your current domain registrar account. Follow your registrar’s instructions to unlock your domain to make it available for transfer. Your domain can’t be transferred while it's locked.
Step 3 - Get the authorization code
Get the authorization code from your registrar. This may also be called an “EPP code” or “transfer key.” You might find this in your registrar’s settings, or they might email it. You’ll enter this code during the transfer process.
Step 4 - Complete the remaining steps on Strikingly
Follow the steps on Strikingly to complete your domain purchase and confirm the transfer in your email. It takes about 5 days for your registrar to release your domain to us. You don't have to do anything. Your domain will show "Live" when the transfer process is complete.
Common domain transfer error messages
|Domain is not registered. Click here to register your own domain!
This means the domain you entered is currently available for registration. You can register the domain directly through Strikingly: Buy & Register Your Own Custom Domain
|Domain is taken by another Strikingly account
The domain is registered by another Strikingly user. If you want to connect the domain to your website, go to the site editor > domain, enter the domain under "Connect a Domain You Already Own," and click "Update."
|Invalid Auth/EPP Code: Please make sure that the Auth/EPP code you paste is complete and correct.
This means the Auth/EPP code is missing characters or is not valid. Make sure you select all the codes and copy them, or manually enter all the characters. If you continue to encounter an error, we recommend contacting your domain registrar to request a new Auth/EPP code for your domain.
Your domain is unavailable for transfer. Please contact support if you have any questions.
For domain transfer failures that are not related to the domain not being registered, being taken by another Strikingly account, or an authentication code error, please reach out to us via email at email@example.com or chat with us.
Your domain transfer failed. Please contact support for further help.
1. How long does the domain transfer take?
Domain transfer usually takes a few days, but some registrars take up to 2 weeks to complete the transfer.
2. Will my domain and domain email stop working during the transfer?
During the transfer process, your domain and domain email may be unavailable for a period of time. Please make sure this doesn't impact your business or any important tasks. Check with your email provider to ensure there won't be any restrictions or issues by transferring the domain to Strikingly.
3. Can I transfer an expired domain to Strikingly?
You can still transfer an expired domain, so long as it's still in the grace period (usually within 40 days after expiration) and not in the redemption period.
4. How do I cancel a pending domain transfer?
5. If I am going to transfer a domain to Strikingly, is there an additional fee?
There's no additional fee for the transfer itself. But you will need to pay to extend your domain for another year on Strikingly. Domain pricing is based on the extension/TLD (.com, .net, etc).
6. Why can't I transfer my domain to Strikingly?
If you see a red error message, it means that Strikingly currently doesn't support your domain. You can contact us for further information, or you can connect your Domain to your Strikingly site instead.
7. Which TLDs (top-level domains) are supported for transfer?
We support transferring most domain extensions. You can choose from 500+ TLDs. However, we don't support transferring the following TLDs:
8. Why did I get the error “Invalid Auth/EPP Code” when transferring my domain?
This means that the "transfer " code (Auth/EPP) you entered is either missing some characters or is not the correct code. To fix this, make sure you select all the code and copy it exactly as it is shown, or type in all the characters manually. If you keep seeing an error message, it's best to contact your current domain registrar and ask them for a new code. They can provide you with the correct code to use for your domain.