If you have a domain with WordPress, you can transfer it to Strikingly by following this guide.
- Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Step 2 - Log into WordPress
- Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked)
- Step 4 - Get the authorization code
- Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Go to the domain transfer page, or click "Transfer Domain to Strikingly" in Dashboard - Domains.
- Enter your domain and click "Transfer".
- Follow the steps below to authorize the transfer.
Step 2 - Log into WordPress
Open a new browser window or tab to access your WordPress account:
- Go to WordPress, then log into your account.
- In the left sidebar, click My Site, click Upgrades, then click Domains.
- In the list of domains, click the domain you'd like to transfer.
Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked)
If your domain is locked, you'll need to unlock your domain on WordPress:
- Click "Transfer your domain".
- In the Advanced Options section, click on the "Transfer lock on" toggle button to disable the transfer lock.
Step 4 - Get the authorization code
You'll need an authorization code from WordPress:
- Click the "Get authorization code" button.
- A banner message at the top right of the screen confirms that you have been sent a transfer code via email. Please allow up to 15 minutes for the email with the code to arrive.
- You need to copy and paste this code to the domain transfer form on Strikingly.
Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Follow the steps in Strikingly to complete your domain purchase and confirm the transfer in your email. It takes about 5 days for your registrar to release your domain to us. You don't have to do anything in this time. Your domain will show "Live" when the transfer process is complete.
Have more questions? See FAQs about transferring domains