If you have a domain with HostGator, you can transfer it to Strikingly by following this guide:
- Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Step 2 - Log into HostGator
- Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
- Step 4 - Get the authorization code
- Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Go to the domain transfer page, or click "Transfer Domain to Strikingly" in Dashboard > Domains page.
- Enter your domain and click "Transfer".
- Follow the next steps to authorize the transfer.
Step 2 - Log into HostGator
Open a new browser window or tab to access your HostGator account:
- Go to HostGator, then log into your account.
- Click Domains in the left-hand side menu. Find the domain you wish to transfer.
Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if it is locked）
If your domain is locked, you'll need to unlock it on HostGator through the following steps:
- Click the More dropdown to expand the domain's overview.
- In line with "Locking", click "Change".
- Switch the toggle to "Locking OFF", then click "Save Domain Locking".
Step 4 - Get the authorization code
You'll need an authorization code from HostGator as part of the transfer process:
- Under EPP Key, click Request Your EPP Key to view your domain's unique EPP code/authorization code.
- You need to copy and paste this code to the domain transfer form on Strikingly.
Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Follow the steps in Strikingly to complete your domain purchase and confirm the transfer in your email. It takes about 5 days for your registrar to release your domain to us. You don't have to do anything at this time. Your domain will show "Live" when the transfer process is complete.
Have more questions? See FAQs about transferring domains