If you have a domain with DreamHost, you can transfer it to Strikingly by following this guide.
- Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Step 2 - Log into DreamHost
- Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
- Step 4 - Get the authorization code
- Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Go to the domain transfer page, or click "Transfer Domain to Strikingly" in Dashboard - Domains.
- Enter your domain and click "Transfer".
- Follow the steps below to authorize the transfer.
Step 2 - Log into DreamHost
Open a new browser window or tab to access your DreamHost account:
- Go to DreamHost, then log into your account.
- In the Main Menu, click the Domain Names drop-down menu, then select Manage Registrations.
Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
If your domain is locked, you’ll need to unlock your domain on DreamHost:
- Find the domain you want to transfer.
- Ensure the domain is unlocked before proceeding. If it is locked, switch the toggle to unlock the domain.
Step 4 - Get the authorization code
You'll need an authorization code from DreamHost:
- Click the Domains drop-down menu, then click "Transfer Registrations".
- Click "Or transfer away from DreamHost".
- Click "Reveal Auth Code". Depending on your domain's TLD, you may see Send Auth Code instead. Click this to email the authorization code to the domain registrant.
- You need to copy and paste this code to the domain transfer form on Strikingly.
Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Follow the steps in Strikingly to complete your domain purchase and confirm the transfer in your email. It takes about 5 days for your registrar to release your domain to us. You don't have to do anything at this time. Your domain will show "Live" when the transfer process is complete.
Have more questions? See FAQs about transferring domains