If you have a domain with Dotster, you can transfer it to Strikingly by following this guide.
- Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Step 2 - Log into Dotster
- Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
- Step 4 - Get the authorization code
- Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Go to the domain transfer page, or click "Transfer Domain to Strikingly" in Dashboard > Domains.
- Enter your domain and click "Transfer".
- Follow the next steps to authorize the transfer.
Step 2 - Log into Dotster
- Go to Dotster and log into your account.
- In the My Domains dashboard, find the domain you're transferring to Strikingly. In List view, click the domain or its gear icon on the right-hand side.
Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if it is locked）
If your domain is locked, you’ll need to unlock it on Dotster:
- In the left panel, click Transfers and review the settings on the page.
- Use the Domain Lock toggle to unlock your domain.
Step 4 - Get the authorization code
You'll need an authorization code from Dotster as part of the transfer process:
- On the Transfer page, click Email Auth Code.
- Dotster sends your authorization code to the email address shown on the Transfer page.
- Copy and paste this code into the domain transfer form on Strikingly.
Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Follow the steps in Strikingly to complete your domain purchase and confirm the transfer in your email. It takes about 5 days for your registrar to release your domain to us. You don't have to do anything at this time. Your domain will show "Live" when the transfer process is complete.
Have more questions? See FAQs about transferring domains.