If you have a domain with GoDaddy, you can transfer it to Strikingly by following this guide:
- Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Step 2 - Log into GoDaddy
- Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
- Step 4 - Get the authorization code
- Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Go to the domain transfer page, or click "Transfer Domain to Strikingly" in Dashboard > Domains.
- Enter your domain and click "Transfer".
- Follow the next steps to authorize the transfer.
Step 2 - Log into GoDaddy
Open a new browser window or tab to access your GoDaddy account:
- Go to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center and log into your account.
- Under Domains, click the domain you want to transfer.
Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if it is locked）
If your domain is locked, you'll need to unlock it on GoDaddy:
- Scroll down to the Additional Settings section, then locate the Domain lock status.
- If the Domain lock is on, click Edit, then switch the toggle off to unlock the domain.
- In the message that appears, click the checkbox to confirm unlocking the domain, then click Continue.
- A pending update message appears next to Domain lock. This means GoDaddy is processing your domain unlock request. Refresh the page to check that your domain name has been unlocked.
Step 4 - Get the authorization code
You'll need an authorization code from GoDaddy as part of the transfer process:
- In the Additional Settings section, click Transfer domain away from GoDaddy.
- Click Continue with Transfer.
- Choose "Click here to see Authorization Code " from the checklist.
- You need to copy and paste this code into the domain transfer form on Strikingly.
Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Follow the steps in Strikingly to complete your domain purchase and confirm the transfer in your email. It takes about 5 days for your registrar to release your domain to us. You don't have to do anything at this time. Your domain will show "Live" when the transfer process is complete.
Have more questions? See FAQs about transferring domains.