If you have a domain with Register.com, you can transfer it to Strikingly by following this guide.
- Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Step 2 - Log into Register.com
- Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
- Step 4 - Get the authorization code
- Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Go to the domain transfer page, or click "Transfer Domain to Strikingly" on your Dashboard > Domains.
- Enter your domain and click "Transfer".
- Follow the steps below to authorize the transfer.
- Click "Continue Transfer".
Step 2 - Log in to Register.com
Open a new browser window or tab to access your Register.com account:
- Go to www.register.com, then log in to your account.
- In the sidebar, click "Domain Name".
- Under "Domain Name", click the domain you want to transfer.
Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
If your domain is locked, you'll need to unlock your domain on Register.com:
- Click "Transfer or Move Domain".
- Ensure your domain is unlocked by confirming that the toggle is set to "Domain Unlocked". If it's locked, click the toggle to unlock the domain.
Step 4 - Get the authorization code
You'll need an authorization code from Register.com:
- Click "Request Auth Code", then click "Continue Transfer".
- Check the box acknowledging Register.com's transfer terms, then click Continue Transfer.
- Complete the survey questions, then click Save.
- Register.com will send your authorization code to the Administrator's contact email address.
- You need to copy and paste this code to the domain transfer form on Strikingly.
Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps on Strikingly
Follow the steps on Strikingly to complete your domain purchase and confirm the transfer in your email. It takes about 5 days for your registrar to release your domain to us. You don't have to do anything at this time. Your domain will show "Live" when the transfer process is complete.
Have more questions? See FAQs about transferring domains.