If you have a domain with 1&1 IONOS, you can transfer it to Strikingly by following this guide.
- Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Step 2 - Log into 1&1 IONOS
- Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
- Step 4 - Get the authorization code
- Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Go to the domain transfer page, or click "Transfer Domain to Strikingly" on your Dashboard > Domains.
- Enter your domain and click "Transfer".
- Follow the steps below to authorize the transfer.
- Click "Continue Transfer".
Step 2 - Log in to 1&1 IONOS
Open a new browser window or tab to access your 1&1 IONOS account:
- Go to 1&1 IONOS, click Sign In, then log in to your account.
- If logging in doesn't automatically bring you to the Domains & SSL page, select this option from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Click the domain you'd like to transfer.
Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
If your domain is locked, you'll need to unlock your domain on 1&1 IONOS:
- Click the "Renewal & Transfer" tab.
- In the "Domain transfer lock" section, ensure your domain is unlocked by confirming that the toggle is gray. If it's blue, click the toggle to unlock the domain.
Step 4 - Get the authorization code
You'll need an authorization code from 1&1 IONOS:
- In the "Change provider" section, click "Show Authorization Code".
- Your authorization code will appear in a pop-up.
- You need to copy and paste this code to the domain transfer form on Strikingly.
Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps on Strikingly
Follow the steps on Strikingly to complete your domain purchase and confirm the transfer in your email. It takes about 5 days for your registrar to release your domain to us. You don't have to do anything at this time. Your domain will show "Live" when the transfer process is complete.
Have more questions? See FAQs about transferring domains.