Why transfer your domain to Strikingly?
- Your domain will automatically be configured correctly for your Strikingly site. No fumbling with DNS records.
- You can manage your domain DNS from your Strikingly account.
- You can renew your domain from your Strikingly account.
- If you purchase a custom email address, your custom email will be automatically configured correctly. No need to setup MX record yourself.
- If you use our Newsletter feature, your DKIM authentication will be automatically setup to ensure your delivery rate.
- Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Step 2 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
- Step 3 - Get the authorization code
- Step 4 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
If you own a domain from one of the following registrars, instead of following the general instructions below, you can use the step-by-step guide for your specific registrar.
- 1&1 IONOS
- Crazy Domains
- Google Domains
- Network Solutions
Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Go to the domain transfer page, or click "Transfer Domain to Strikingly" in Dashboard - Domains.
- Enter your domain and click "Transfer".
- Follow the steps below to authorize the transfer.
Step 2 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked）
Log into your current domain registrar account. Follow your registrar’s instructions to unlock your domain to make it available for transfer. Your domain can’t be transferred while it's locked.
Step 3 - Get the authorization code
Get the authorization code from your registrar. This may also be called an “EPP code” or “transfer key.” You might find this in your registrar’s settings, or they might email it. You’ll enter this code during the transfer process.
Step 4 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Follow the steps in Strikingly to complete your domain purchase and confirm the transfer in your email. It takes about 5 days for your registrar to release your domain to us. You don't have to do anything. Your domain will show "Live" when the transfer process is complete.
1. How long does the domain transfer take?
Domain transfer usually takes a few days, but some registrars take up to 2 weeks to complete the transfer.
2.Will my domain and domain email stop working during the transfer?
During the transfer process, your domain and domain email may be unavailable for a period of time. Please make sure this doesn't impact your business or any important tasks. Check with your email provider to ensure there won't be any restrictions or issues by transferring the domain to Strikingly.
3. Can I transfer an expired domain to Strikingly?
You can still transfer an expired domain, so long as it's still in the grace period (usually within 40 days after expiration) and not in redemption period.
4. How do I cancel a pending domain transfer?
If your domain hasn't been approved by you, we can cancel the transfer process for you. Email us at email@example.com or chat with us.
5. If I am going to transfer a domain to Strikingly, is there an additional fee?
There's no additional fee for the transfer itself. But you will need to pay to extend your domain for another year on Strikingly. Domain pricing is based on the extension/TLD (.com, .net, etc).
6.Why can't I transfer my domain to Strikingly?
If you see red error messages, it means that Strikingly currently doesn't support your domain. You can contact us for further information, or you can connect your Domain to your Strikingly site instead.
7. Which TLDs (top-level domains) are supported for transfer?
We support transferring most domain extensions. You can choose from 500+ TLDs. However, we don't support transferring the following TLDs:
In case you need assistance, shoot us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us.