- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain from Name.com
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your www and root domain to your Strikingly site. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help. Or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Go to your Strikingly site editor, and click SETTINGS > Domains.
- Enter your custom domain in the "Connect a Domain You Already Own" box, such as “yourdomain.com" (without https:// or http:// or /).
- Click UPDATE.
- Choose Others as your domain provider, and click “Start Configuration”.
- You will see a popup that displays the records you'll need to set in your domain settings.
Note: Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2: Find Name.com's DNS settings
1. Sign in to your Name.com account.
2. Click the "My Domains" tab from the top-right menu.
3. Click on the domain name you want to connect with your Strikingly site.
4. Click "Manage DNS Records" under Domain Details > DNS.
Step 3: Use Template to Add A and CNAME records on Name.com
1. Click "Show DNS Templates".
2. Select "Strikingly" from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Click "Update DNS records".
4. There, the records are added!
Step 4: Confirm your setup is complete
- After you’ve confirmed the above setup, go back to your Strikingly site editor and click the "I've fixed, check again" button in the pop-up.
- If you've configured your DNS settings correctly, the pop-up will close and the domain status will show "connected".
- If you haven't configured your DNS correctly, the pop-up will display the error status and you should go back to step 3 to configure the DNS records correctly.
Step 5: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
- Connecting Subdomains to Your Strikingly Site (e.g. info.domain.com, shop.domain.com)
- Live Site Error "Page not found"
- Live Site Error: "Your connection is not private/secure"
- Troubleshooting: Site is Down
- Standard Troubleshooting Steps