- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain (if you don't have a domain yet, you can purchase from us)
This guide walks you through connecting your subdomain to your Strikingly site. If your domain doesn't start with "www.", such as shop.example.com or blog.example.com, this tutorial is for you.
- If you're connecting a domain that starts with "www.", you can visit Connecting Domains to Your Strikingly Site.
- You can send this tutorial to your registrar’s support team if you need help. Or, contact us anytime for additional help.
- Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Step 2: Find Your Registrar's DNS settings
- Step 3: Clean up your DNS records
- Step 4: Add a CNAME record
- Step 5: Confirm your setup is complete
- Specific Guides for Third-party domain providers
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Go to your Strikingly site editor, and click SETTINGS > Domains.
- Enter your custom domain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" box, such as "shop.yourdomain.com". (without https:// or http:// or /).
- Click UPDATE.
- Note: If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, you're done! No need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
- Choose your domain provider, and click Start Configuration.
- You will see a popup that displays the records you'll need to set in your domain settings.
Step 2: Find Your Registrar's DNS settings
- Sign in to your domain registrar's account.
- Find the DNS Settings for your domain. (It can also be called DNS, DNS manager, DNS records, host record, zone settings, zone file, etc.)
Note: Make sure it's the DNS settings, not the Nameservers. Nameservers should not be changed.
Step 3: Clean up your DNS records
- Look for any CNAME record named with your hostname and delete it.
Step 4: Add a CNAME record
- Add a new record, and make sure the record type is CNAME.
- Copy the relevant information from Strikingly and paste it into the corresponding places, as shown in the image below.
Step 5: Confirm your setup is complete
- After you’ve confirmed the above setup, go back to your Strikingly site editor and click the "I've fixed, check again" button in the pop up.
- If you've configured your DNS settings correctly, the pop up will close and the domain status will show as "connected".
- If you haven't configured your DNS correctly, the popup will display the error status, and you should go back to step 3 to reconfigure the DNS records correctly.
Specific Guides for Third-party domain providers
If you own a domain from one of the following providers, instead of following the general instructions, you can check the step-by-step guides for your own providers:
If your site doesn't go online after 48 hours, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us and include a screenshot of your domain settings so we can help!