Your domain’s purchase is separate from your website subscription purchase. You must upgrade to a Premium Plan (if you haven't) in order to connect your domain.
Before you Register
- If you're within the first year of the Strikingly paid plan, you're eligible for one free custom domain (worth $24.95).
- If you're on a trial, a monthly plan, or if you want multiple domains, you will need to pay for the domains per year.
- Domains purchased through Strikingly start at US$24.95 per year. The exact pricing depends on which top-level domain (TLD) extension you choose, such as
.net. You can check the price and availability of your domain by searching at your domain dashboard.
- Strikingly Domains is set to renew and charge automatically each year 7 days before the expiration date.
- Once you connect your domain, we'll automatically hook the domain up to your site, so you won't need to manage domain settings.
- Domains purchased through Strikingly includes domain privacy.
- You can't change your domain names after register/purchase.
- Domain registrations/purchases are non-refundable.
If you are ready to proceed, follow these steps:
If you are on your site editor
1. Go to your site editor, click "SETTINGS > Domains".
2. Click "REGISTER NEW DOMAIN".
3. Type in your desired domain name and click "SEARCH DOMAIN".
4. If your desired domain is not available, an error message will appear. This screen will also include domain name suggestions.
4. If your domain is available, click "Register".
5. On the next window, type in your personal details.
- Fill out all required fields.
- Put in a working email. An email verification will be sent after the purchase to verify your ownership of the domain. If you have an Apple email (@me.com, @apple.com, @icloud.com), we'd encourage that you use a different email to ensure that you receive your verification email.
- If you have an existing domain connected to your site, it will be removed then replaced with the new domain you're registering.
6. Review your details. If everything is correct, click "Confirm Purchase" after.
7. That's it! A confirmation message should be displayed verifying your purchase.
Through Your Dashboard>Domains page
What to do next?
- Verify your ownership. Check your inbox for an email with the title "VERIFICATION REQUIRED - Please verify your domain name(s) as soon as possible."
- Refresh your editor and see your site go up!
** Note: If you purchase the wrong name by accident, we can not refund the registration cost. However, you can remove the auto-renewal to avoid renewing next year.
If you don't receive your verification email, please check your Spam/Junk folder - and if you still can't find it, please email us at email@example.com.
1. How much does register a new domain cost?
The cost of registering a new domain depends on the TLD (top-level domain ie .com, .net) you choose. However, you'll be billed $24.95 per year for registering domains with the extensions .com, .net, .org, .co, and .me.
2. Can you register my domain for me?
Domain registration requires personal and sensitive information like credit card information. We like to keep your information private so we won't be able to register your domain for you.
3. How long should I wait before my site is up?
Normally, it takes a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
4. Can I get more than one custom domain?
Yes! You can get as many as you want. When you register a domain through Strikingly, we'll automatically hook it up through the settings of the site you're buying it on -- if you're buying extra domains, make sure to check what page you're using.
Maybe you'd like yourname.com, yourproject.com, and event2014.com! Or if you like to add subdomains, like shop.yourdomain.com, info.yourdomain.com, you can visit Connecting Strikingly Subdomains. Or Connecting Multiple Domains to One Strikingly Site.
5. Can I manage my own domain settings or transfer my domain away from Strikingly?
Yes! If your domain's DNS manager isn't activated yet, you can contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you login to your domain dashboard, you'll be able to manage host records or transfer your domain. This way, you can add subdomains, manage redirects, and more. Here's more about managing your Strikingly domain.
If you want to change your domain host (including billing and renewal), you can visit Transferring Domains Away from Strikingly.