Where can I buy a domain?
If you upgrade to yearly Pro or Limited plan, you can claim one new domain for free! And if you're on the monthly Pro or Limited plan, you can still purchase a .com .net .org .me .co domain from us for $24.95 apiece. In addition:
- We'll automatically hook the domain up to your site, so you won't need to manage domain settings. Yay!
- A domain registered with us includes domain privacy as well.
To claim or purchase your new domain, follow these steps:
1. Go to your site editor and click Settings > Domains.
2. Click "Register New Domain."
3. Type in your desired domain name in the "Register New Domain" field.
**If your desired domain is not available, an error message will appear. This screen will also include domain name suggestions.
4. If your domain is available, click "Register".
5. On the next window, type in your personal details.
- Fill out all required fields.
- Put in a working email. An email verification will be sent after the purchase to verify your ownership of the domain. If you have an Apple email (@me.com, @apple.com, @icloud.com), we'd encourage that you use a different email to ensure that you receive your verification email.
6. Review your details. If everything is correct, click "Confirm Purchase".
7. That's it! A confirmation message should be displayed verifying your purchase.
What to do next?
- Verify your ownership. Check your inbox for an email with the title "VERIFICATION REQUIRED - Please verify your domain name(s) as soon as possible."
- Refresh your editor and see your site go up!
** Note: If you purchase the wrong name by accident, we can not refund the registration cost, as this is through OpenSRS. However, we can make sure the domain is cancelled rather than renewed before the next billing cycle.
If you don't receive your verification email, please check your Spam/Junk folder - and if you still can't find it, please email us at email@example.com.
Q: How much does registering a new domain cost?
Registering your first new domain is free if you're on a yearly paid Strikingly plan, and you'll have this domain as long as you're on a yearly Strikingly plan -- paid for by us. (If you leave before the year is over, you'll get to keep the domain, and we'll keep the $24.95 USD charge that is normally used to decrease your annual payment.)
Otherwise, it costs $24.95 per year and we'll send you an email when it's time to renew!
Q: Can you register my domain for me?
Domain registration requires personal and sensitive information like credit card information. We like to keep your information private so we won't be able to register your domain for you.
Q: How long should I wait before my site is up?
Normally, it takes a few minutes up to 24 hours for the site to globally propagate.
Q: Can I get more than one custom domain?
Yes! You can get however many you'd like for the same $24.95 USD price. When you register a domain through Strikingly, we'll automatically hook it up through the settings of the site you're buying it on -- if you're buying extra domains, make sure to check what page you're using.
Maybe you'd like yourname.com, yourproject.com and event2014.com!
Learn more about subdomains (such as about.domain.com).
Learn more about pointing multiple domains to one site.
Q: Can I manage my own domain settings or transfer my domain away from Strikingly?
Yes! If your domain's DNS manager isn't activated yet, you can contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you login to your domain dashboard, you'll be able to manage host records or transfer your domain. This way, you can add subdomains, manage redirects, and more. Here's more about managing your Strikingly domain.
Q: Who provides the domains registered on Strikingly?
If you purchased a domain on Strikingly, you retain full ownership of the domain name, and we respect your rights as a domain owner!
We are an accredited reseller of OpenSRS from Tucows, a public company that's been in domain business since 1993. The domain is hosted with OpenSRS, and we automatically hook it up to your Strikingly site, but you can transfer it at anytime. Send us a support ticket if you need to manage your domain's settings.