If you bought a domain on the 1st of January 2019 and you were charged $24.95 for the domain, you get to use that domain for a year, until the 1st of January 2020. (If you do not renew it, the domain will be under a 40-day grace period, and then return to the market.)
You will receive emails prompting you about domain renewals, you'd get 3 in total -- 60 days, 30 days, and 5 days before expiration. You have the option to set domain renewals to automatic -- setting this ON will renew the domain automatically, you will be charged automatically, ensuring that the domain does not expire.
How do I change my domain's auto-renewal settings?
1. log in to your domain dashboard.
- If you got the domain free from our Yearly (or above) plans, your first domain is free for the first year, then $24.95 every year after. You will be charged $24.95 seven days before the expiration date.
- Domain renewal normally costs $24.95. The price may vary according to your domain's TLD/extension ie .com, .net, .biz, .fr, etc.
- If you want a new free domain, unfortunately, this is not possible. (Please choose and spell your domains carefully.)
- You will receive expiration reminder emails regardless of the auto-renewal setting is on or off.
- Please note that we bill the domain renewal fee 7 days before the expiration date. We want to make sure your site doesn't go offline.
- In case you no longer want to keep the domain, you can disable auto-renew or contact us at least 7 days before the renewal date.