Where can I buy a domain?
You can purchase a .com, .net, .org, .me, or .co domain from us for $24.95 apiece. In addition:
- We'll automatically hook the domain up to your site, so you won't need to manage domain settings. Yay!
- A domain registered with us includes domain privacy as well.
To claim or purchase your new domain, follow these steps:
Through your site editor:
1. Go to your site editor and click Settings > Domains.
2. Click "Register New Domain."
3. Type in your desired domain name in the "Register New Domain" field.
**If your desired domain is not available, an error message will appear. This screen will also include domain name suggestions.
4. If your domain is available, click "Register".
5. On the next window, type in your personal details.
- Fill out all required fields.
- Put in a working email. An email verification will be sent after the purchase to verify your ownership of the domain. If you have an Apple email (@me.com, @apple.com, @icloud.com), we'd encourage that you use a different email to ensure that you receive your verification email.
- If you have an existing domain connected to your site, it will be removed then replaced with the new domain you're registering.
6. Review your details. If everything is correct, click "Confirm Purchase" after.
7. That's it! A confirmation message should be displayed verifying your purchase.
Through Your Dashboard>Domains page
What to do next?
- Verify your ownership. Check your inbox for an email with the title "VERIFICATION REQUIRED - Please verify your domain name(s) as soon as possible."
- Refresh your editor and see your site go up!
** Note: If you purchase the wrong name by accident, we can not refund the registration cost. However, you can remove the auto-renewal to avoid renewing next year.
If you don't receive your verification email, please check your Spam/Junk folder - and if you still can't find it, please email us at email@example.com.
Q: How much does registering a new domain cost?
The cost of registering a new domain depends on the TLD (top-level domain ie .com, .net) you choose. However, you'll be billed $24.95 per year for registering domains with the extensions .com, .net, .org, .co, and .me.
Q: Can you register my domain for me?
Domain registration requires personal and sensitive information like credit card information. We like to keep your information private so we won't be able to register your domain for you.
Q: How long should I wait before my site is up?
Normally, it takes a few minutes up to 48 hours for the site to globally propagate.
Q: Can I get more than one custom domain?
Yes! You can get as many as you want. When you register a domain through Strikingly, we'll automatically hook it up through the settings of the site you're buying it on -- if you're buying extra domains, make sure to check what page you're using.
Maybe you'd like yourname.com, yourproject.com, and event2014.com!
Learn more about subdomains (such as about.domain.com).
Learn more about pointing multiple domains to one site.
Q: Can I manage my own domain settings or transfer my domain away from Strikingly?
Yes! If your domain's DNS manager isn't activated yet, you can contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you login to your domain dashboard, you'll be able to manage host records or transfer your domain. This way, you can add subdomains, manage redirects, and more. Here's more about managing your Strikingly domain.