After you set up your domain, it takes a few up to 48 hours for the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours.
During this time, you might see an error when you use HTTPS:// to visit your website. For example:
- Your connection is not private - Google Chrome
- Your connection is not secure - Mozilla Firefox
- There is a problem connecting securely to this website - Microsoft Edge.
If you still encounter the "not secure or not private" error after setting up your domain's records for more than 24 hours, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
1. Check if your domain is configured correctly.
- The record type you selected is "CNAME".
- You changed the example records to your own domain name. For example:
- Your domain is www.example.com, the value should be: www.example.com.s.strikinglydns.com
- Your domain is www.abc.net, the value should be: www.abc.net.s.strikinglydns.com
- Your domain is www.yourdomain.com, the value should be: www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com
2. Check if you are using A record for your root domain.
If you use forwarding for your root domain domain.com, then it will not have HTTPS/SSL. You can set up an A record instead.
1) Delete your current forwarding.
2) Add an A record pointing to 220.127.116.11.
If you have other A Records in your account:
- Host: @ - delete it if it's not pointing to 18.104.22.168.
- Host: blank - delete.
- Host: Mail or Email - do not delete. This is for your email service.
Once your domain records are set up correctly and take effect, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours.