After you set up your domain, it takes a few up to 48 hours for the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours.
During this time, you might see an error when you use HTTPS:// to visit your website. For example:
- Your connection is not private - Google Chrome
- Your connection is not secure - Mozilla Firefox
- There is a problem connecting securely to this website - Microsoft Edge.
If you still see the error for more than 48 hours, you can try the troubleshooting steps below.
1. Check if your domain is configured correctly.
- The record type you selected is "CNAME".
- You changed the example records to your own domain name. For example:
- Your domain is www.xxx.com, the value should be: www.xxx.com.s.strikinglydns.com
- Your domain is www.abc.net, the value should be: www.abc.net.s.strikinglydns.com
- Your domain is www.yourdomain.com, the value should be: www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com
2. Check if you are using A record for your root domain.
If you use forwarding for your root domain domain.com, then it will not have HTTPS/SSL. You can set up an A record instead.
1) Delete your current forwarding.
2) Add an A record pointing to 188.8.131.52.
If you have other A Records in your account:
- Host: @ - delete it if it's not pointing to 184.108.40.206.
- Host: blank - delete.
- Host: Mail or Email - do not delete. This is for your email service.