This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your Wix domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box, such as "www.yourdomain.com". Then click "Update."
- Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Once you click on "Update", please select "Wix" from the drop-down menu (select "Other" if your domain registrar is not on the list).
B. To set up your Wix domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your Wix account, mouse over the "person icon" at the top left and click "Domains".
2. In the "My Domains" page, click the drop-down button inline with the domain you'd like to create a subdomain for. Then select "Advanced".
3. Scroll down to the "DNS Records" section and click the "Edit DNS" button.
7. In the "A (Host)" section, fill out the fields with the following:
Host: yourdomain.com (note: this is an example)
Points to: 126.96.36.199
TTL: 1 Hour
On the a "CNAME (Aliases)" section, create a new CNAME Record. On the Alias Name, type in "www.yourdomain.com” (without the quotation marks) and on the “Points to Host Name” field, type in “www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com” (without the quotation marks). (Format should be site URL + .s.strikinglydns.com)
Click “Save DNS” when you’re done.
Note: yourdomain.com/www.yourdomain.com are examples. These should be replaced with your own domain name.
8. And you’re done! It may take up to 24 - 48 hours before your new domain is populated with your Strikingly site--so you might need to wait it out. After the given time and your domain still shows your old Wix site, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.