- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain managed through cPanel
A subdomain is an additional part of your main domain name (root domain). You can use subdomains for different sections of your website. For example, if you have a website just for shopping, which is part of your website yourdomain.com (root domain), you might use the subdomain shop.yourdomain.com.
The most popular subdomain is www. Here's how to connect the www domain and root domain to your main site: Connecting a Domain to Your Strikingly Site via cPanel
For other subdomains, this guide will walk you through if your domain registrar uses cPanel to manage DNS records. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help. Or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
- Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Step 2: Find the Zone Editor in cPanel
- Step 3: Add a CNAME record on cPanel
- Step 4: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS > Domains".
- Put your custom subdomain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" box, such as "shop.yourdomain.com" (without https:// or http:// or /).
- Click "Update".
- On the "Choose your domain provider" dropdown, select "Others" and click on the "Start Configuration" button.
- You will see a pop-up displaying the records you must set in your domain settings.
Step 2: Find the Zone Editor in cPanel
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Under the "Domains" section, click "Zone Editor".
Step 3: Add a CNAME record on cPanel
- In the "Name" field, enter subdomain (this domain is just an example, please change it to your subdomain).
- In the "TTL" field, enter 3600.
- In the "Type" field, select CNAME.
- In the "CNAME" field, enter subdomain.yourdomain + .s.strikinglydns.com.
subdomain.yourdomain in the value field "subdomain.yourdomain + .s.strikinglydns.com" should be your subdomain and domain name. Here are some examples of how the value should be:
- Your domain is example.com and your subdomain is shop, the value should be: shop.example.com.s.strikinglydns.com
- Your subdomain is blog.abc.net, the value should be: blog.abc.net.s.strikinglydns.com
- Your subdomain is info.yourdomain.com, the value should be: info.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com
- Click "Save Record".
Step 4: Confirm your setup is complete
- After you’ve confirmed the above setup, go back to your Strikingly site editor and click the "I've fixed, check again" button in the pop-up.
- If you've configured your DNS settings correctly, the pop-up will close, and the domain status will show "Connected".
- If you haven't configured your DNS correctly, the popup will display the error status, and you should go back to step 3 to reconfigure the DNS records correctly.
- Connecting a Domain to Your Strikingly Site via cPanel (for www and root domain)
- Live Site Error "Page not found"
- Live Site Error: "Your connection is not private/secure"
- Troubleshooting: Site is Down
- Standard Troubleshooting Steps