- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain managed through cPanel
A subdomain is an additional part of your main domain name (root domain). You can use subdomains for different sections of your website. For example, if you have a website just for shopping, which is part of your website yourdomain.com (root domain), you might use the subdomain shop.yourdomain.com.
The most popular subdomain is www. Here's how to connect the www domain and root domain to your main site: Connecting a Domain to your Strikingly Site via cPanel
For other subdomains, this guide will walk you through if your domain registrar uses cPanel to manage DNS records. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help. Or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
- Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Step 2: Find the DNS Zone Manager/Zone Editor in cPanel
- Step 3: Add a CNAME record on cPanel
- Step 4: Wait for the records to take effect
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
1. Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS > Domains".
2. Put your custom domain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" box, such as "www.yourdomain.com" (without https:// or http:// or /).
3. Click "UPDATE".
- Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Choose your registrar after you click "UPDATE" and continue the setup from your registrar.
Step 2: Find the DNS Zone Manager/Zone Editor in cPanel
1. log in to your cPanel.
2. Under the "Domains" section, click "Advanced Zone Editor".
Step 3: Add a CNAME record on cPanel
1. In the "Name" field, enter subdomain (this domain is just an example, please change it to your subdomain)
2. In the "TTL" field, enter 3600
3. In the "Host" field, select CNAME
4. In the "CNAME" field, enter subdomain.yourdomain + .s.strikinglydns.com
subdomain.yourdomain in the value field "subdomain.yourdomain + .s.strikinglydns.com" should be your subdomain and domain name. Here are some examples of how the value should be:
Step 4: Wait for the records to take effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
- Connecting a Domain to your Strikingly Site via cPanel (for www and root domain)
- Live Site Error "Page not found"
- Live Site Error: "Your connection is not private/secure"
- Troubleshooting: Site is Down
- Standard Troubleshooting Steps