- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain from Microsoft 365
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your www and root domain to your Strikingly site. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help. Or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
- Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Step 2: Find Microsoft 365's DNS settings
- Step 3: Add a CNAME record on Microsoft 365
- Step 4: Add an A record on Microsoft 365
- Step 5: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
1. Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS > Domains".
2. Put your custom domain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" box, such as "www.yourdomain.com" (without https:// or http:// or /).
3. Click "UPDATE".
- Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Choose your registrar after you click "UPDATE" and continue the setup from your registrar.
Step 2: Find Microsoft 365's DNS settings
1. Sign in to your Microsoft 365 account.
2. Under Apps, select "Admin".
3. click "DOMAINS".
4. Select the domain you want to connect.
5. Under "DNS Settings", click "New custom record".
Step 3: Add a CNAME record on Microsoft 365
1. In the "Select DNS type", select CNAME (Alias) from the drop-down.
2. In the "Host name or Alias" field, enter www
3. In the "Points to address" field, enter www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com
www domain in the value field "www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com" should be your domain name. Here are some examples of how the value should be:
4. Click "Save".
Tip: If you can't add a www CNAME record, look for existed CNAME and A records for www and delete them (only for www).
Step 4: Add an A record on Microsoft 365
1. In the "Select DNS type", select A (Address) from the drop-down.
2. In the "Host name or Alias" field, enter @
3. In the "IP Address" field, enter 18.104.22.168
4. Click "Save".
Step 5: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
- Connecting Subdomains to Your Strikingly Site (e.g. info.domain.com, shop.domain.com)
- Live Site Error "Page not found"
- Live Site Error: "Your connection is not private/secure"
- Troubleshooting: Site is Down
- Standard Troubleshooting Steps