- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain from Microsoft 365
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your www and root domain to your Strikingly site. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help. Or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
- Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Step 2: Find Microsoft 365's DNS settings
- Step 3: Add a CNAME record on Microsoft 365
- Step 4: Add an A record on Microsoft 365
- Step 5: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Go to your Strikingly site editor, and click SETTINGS > Domains.
- Enter your custom domain in the "Connect a Domain You Already Own" box, such as “yourdomain.com". (without https:// or http:// or /)
- Click UPDATE.
- Choose Others as your domain provider, and click “Start Configuration”.
- You will see a popup that displays the records you'll need to set in your domain settings.
Note: Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2: Find Microsoft 365's DNS settings
1. Sign in to your Microsoft 365 account.
2. Under Apps, select "Admin".
3. Click "DOMAINS".
4. Select the domain you want to connect.
5. Under "DNS Settings", click "New custom record".
Step 3: Add a CNAME record on Microsoft 365
1. In the "Select DNS type", select CNAME (Alias) from the drop-down.
2. In the "Host name or Alias" field, enter www
3. In the "Points to address" field, enter www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com
www domain in the value field "www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com" should be your domain name. Here are some examples of how the value should be:
4. Click "Save".
Tip: If you can't add a www CNAME record, look for existed CNAME and A records for www and delete them (only for www).
Step 4: Add an A record on Microsoft 365
1. In the "Select DNS type", select A (Address) from the drop-down.
2. In the "Host name or Alias" field, enter @
3. In the "IP Address" field, enter 18.104.22.168
4. Click "Save".
Step 5: Confirm your setup is complete
- After you’ve confirmed the above setup, go back to your Strikingly site editor and click the "I've fixed, check again" button in the pop-up.
- If you've configured your DNS settings correctly, the pop-up will close and the domain status will show as "connected".
- If you haven't configured your DNS correctly, the pop-up will display the error status and you should go back to step 3 to configure the DNS records correctly.
Step 6: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
- Connecting Subdomains to Your Strikingly Site (e.g. info.domain.com, shop.domain.com)
- Live Site Error "Page not found"
- Live Site Error: "Your connection is not private/secure"
- Troubleshooting: Site is Down
- Standard Troubleshooting Steps
If your site doesn't go online after 48 hours, contact us at email@example.com or chat with us and include a screenshot of your domain settings so we can help!