This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your domain bought from Google to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
Step 1. Hook up your domain to your Strikingly site:
(Please note: www.yourdomain.com is an example. You should replace it with your own domain.)
Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings > Domains and specify the subdomain you'd like to use for your site, such as "www.yourdomain.com" (the name of your domain). Then click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
- Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Once you click on "Update", please select "Others" from the drop-down menu.
Step 2. Set up Your Domain
1. Go to domains.google.com and login to your account.
2. On the landing page, look for your domain and select "DNS".
3. Look for "Custom resource records" and add the following records:
- Type - A
- Name - yourdomain.com or @
- Data - 220.127.116.11
- TTL - 1H
- Type - CNAME
- Name - www
- Data - dns.strikingly.com
- TTL - 1H
4. You should have the following records once you're done:
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
1. Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your subdomain again (ex. yoursubdomain.domain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
2. If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.