- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain from G Suite
Google re-sells domains from different registrars. This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your www and root domain to your Strikingly site. If you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
1. Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS > Domains".
2. Put your custom domain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" box, such as "www.yourdomain.com" (without https:// or http:// or /).
3. Click "UPDATE".
- Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Choose your registrar after you click "UPDATE" and continue the setup from your registrar.
Step 2: Find G Suite Domain's DNS settings
1. Sign in to your G Suite account.
2. Select "More controls".
3. Select "Domains" on the new options that showed up.
4. On the Domain menu, select "Add/remove domains".
5. Look for your custom domain and select "Advanced DNS settings".
6. Get the Sign-in name and password then select "Sign in to DNS console".
7. You'll be forwarded to the login page of the registrar that is partnered with Google.
8. Using the login credentials that you got, sign in to the login page.
9. Select your domain and look for DNS settings.
Step 3: Add a CNAME record
|www or www.yourdomain.com||www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com||Default|
www domain in the value field "www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com" should be your domain name. Here are some examples of how the value should be:
- Your domain is www.xxx.com, the value should be: www.xxx.com.s.strikinglydns.com
- Your domain is www.abc.net, the value should be: www.abc.net.s.strikinglydns.com
- Your domain is www.yourdomain.com, the value should be: www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com
Tip: If you can't add a www CNAME record, look for existed CNAME and A records for www and delete them (only for www).
Step 4: Add an A record
|CNAME/Alias/Host/Name||Record/Value/IP Address/Points to||TTL|
(yourdomain.com is just an example, please change it to your domain name.)
Step 5: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
- Connecting Subdomains to Your Strikingly Site (e.g. info.domain.com, shop.domain.com)
- Live Site Error "Page not found"
- Live Site Error: "Your connection is not private/secure"
- Troubleshooting: Site is Down
- Standard Troubleshooting Steps