Allow free or paid registrations on your site, and create members-only pages! This is a huge update and lets you do so much more with your Strikingly site.
- Pro or VIP plan. If you're on the Pro plan, you can use the membership feature, create one membership tier, and add up to 100 members. On the other hand, the VIP plan allows you to create up to 5 membership tiers and add up to 2000 members. If you need more members, get an Audience plan on top of your Pro/VIP plan.
- Multiple Pages. After you activate membership, you'll be able to create members-only pages. You'll need to activate Multiple Pages to do so.
- Audience Plan (optional). An Audience Plan is an add-on plan, added on top of any Pro or VIP plan, that expands the total memberships you can accept. It lets you adjust the audience size that's appropriate for your business. To learn more about the Audience Plan and how it powers the Membership feature, click here.
Activating Membership for Your Website
Go to your Site Editor > Audience > Membership, and click "Activate Membership".
Your default login URL, once membership is activated, will be www.yoursiteURL.com/i/login.
Select Registration Method
You can control how your site visitors can become members on your website by selecting the registration method through the initial membership page or create a membership tier popup. You have three options:
1. Free Membership. Anyone who visits your website can freely sign up to become a member.
2. Paid Subscription Membership. A visitor must pay a monthly fee to become a member! Great for selling content or an ongoing service. Members will be billed automatically each month. View more details here: https://support.strikingly.com/hc/en-us/articles/900000294186-Paid-Subscription-Membership
3. Buy product to register.
- Buy any product to register. Anyone who purchases a product in your store will receive a membership. If you don't have a store, this option will not be available.
- Buy specific product(s) to register. Anyone who purchases the selected product(s) will receive membership. If you don't have a store, this option will not be available.
Setting Up Members-Only Pages
Give your customers access to exclusive online content by creating members-only pages. For more details, please see Add Membership to Your Website!
1. On your site editor, click Manage.
2. Click the gear icon of the page that you want to set as members-only.
- Members only: all free members, paid members, and members with canceled subscriptions will see this page.
- Paid members only: the paid members with an active paid subscription will see this page.
- Specific tiers: only members of the selected tiers will see this page.
- Members who purchased a specific product: (if you already have a Simple Store on your site), Store customers who purchased a specific product will see this page.
You can set up existing pages as members-only or you can start with a new page. All sections will be available for you to add!
Managing Your Members
As the site owner, you will have the power to manage your own members, and invite old contacts to become members.
Inviting Old Contacts to Become Members
To invite old contacts to become members, go to your Audience tab.
1. Select the contact that you want to invite.
2. Click the Member Options button and select "Grant Membership".
- When you do this, the user will receive an email with a login URL. You will be able to select which tier you want to grant. If you choose to grant a paid membership tier, this user will not be billed. You can use this to bypass the billing system but still grant specific memberships to specific users. (If you want to grant membership to a new user, you will need to Import contacts manually first.)
Managing Existing Members
For your existing members, you have the power to:
1. Reset their password. Clicking this option will send a password reset email to your selected contact. The password is randomly generated but they can change it after they log in.
2. Suspend/unsuspend membership. When you suspend members, they will not be able to log in. They will also not be notified that they are suspended.
3. Delete membership. You can delete specific members and they will not be able to log in. They need to register/purchase products again if they want to gain access to members-only content from your website.
4. Change Membership Access. After you grant membership, you can set and modify the pages that your members can access.
When you activate Membership on your site, your site visitors should see a login/register button.
Note: You will only see the register option if you activate "Free Membership" or "Paid Subscription Membership" on your membership. Otherwise, your site visitors will only see "Login".
Once they logged in, your site members can:
- Update their account info. They can change their name, email and update their password.
- View their order history. Your site visitors can view all their orders from your website.
View this example site: http://paidmembership.mystrikingly.com/
1. Register & checkout
- When a visitor opens the registration URL, they will see a popup. If your site has multiple membership tiers, the visitor will be prompted to select a membership tier. The tiers will be listed in the same order that they were configured in your store's Membership settings.
- Note: "Buy Product to Register" tiers will not be shown here, since the visitor must buy an item from the store to gain membership.
Note: Even if your customers cancel the checkout or the initial payment failed, they will have a free membership. In this case, they can begin a subscription via the "My Account" menu in your live site.
2. View Subscription in My Account
Your members are able to view their subscription details in the "My Account" menu after logging into your site. They can also cancel anytime.
Did you know?
- With the membership feature, you can sell online courses. Check out this article to know how to set it up!