You can sell online courses using Strikingly's powerful Membership feature, which is available for Pro users.
The Membership feature allows you to restrict page access to only those members who purchased certain items from your site's store. This means you can sell a course using Strikingly's Simple Store, then create a page that is only visible to customers who bought that specific course.
Check out this sample site: http://sellmycourses.mystrikingly.com/
This site offers 3 courses:
1. Social Media Marketing
2. Effective SEO Techniques 2019
3. Bundle Promo
If you purchase Social Media Marketing, your access is limited to that course only. The same is true for Effective SEO Techniques. However, if you purchase the Bundle Promo, you will both have access to the Social Media Marketing Course page and the Effective SEO Techniques page.
Test out how it works by logging in to the site!
Access limited to Effective SEO Techniques course:
Initial Password: zJbp4cm3gLFSYWj8
Bundle Promo Access:
Initial Password: I4fCaX5T7ZzIGR7N
You can do the same! Follow these steps:
Setup your store
You can use an existing site or create a new one.
1. On your site editor, add a new section, and select "Store" from the section list.
2. Setup your courses by adding products. Each product can correspond to one course.
Don't forget to tick off "Shipping" options for each product! This will remove the address field on the checkout form.
Activate the membership feature
When you're done setting up products, you are now ready to activate the membership feature! To do that, follow these steps:
1. Exit your store manager. Click Settings > Membership, and click "Activate Membership".
2. Under Registration Method, select "Buy specific product(s) to register". Select the online courses that you setup earlier.
After setting up, membership, you can now proceed to setting up your members page where you can add your content for each course.
Create your members page
You should have multiple pages activated before you can setup your member-specific page.
1. If you haven't activated multi-pages yet, click "Activate Multiple Pages" from Settings > Membership. If you have activated that on your site already, select "Manage Members-only pages".
2. Activate the multiple pages feature by clicking on the green "Activate Multiple Pages" button.
If you've activated multiple pages already, you won't see this step!
2. Click "Manage" to setup your new members page.
2. Click the green "Add New Page" button. Type the name of your new page. This new page will house the content for your course.
In this example, let's use "Learn the Basics" as the page name.
3. Click the gear icon beside your new members page, and set it as "members only".
4. On the next window, select "Only registered members who purchased a specific product." Tie it to the course (product) that you want.
With this setting, only users who purchased "Online Course #1", will have access to the page "Learn the Basics" that you setup. You can setup different members pages and tie it to different courses!
Pro Tip: You can setup bundled courses and get anyone who purchase it access to two or more different members-only pages!
1. Setup a bundle course on your store.
2. Tie course (product) to member pages it should have access to (bundled courses).
What this setting means is that anyone who purchases the Spring Bundle Promo! and Online Course #1 will have access to the "Learn the Basics" page.
You don't have to setup a different members page for the "Spring Bundle Promo" product because you are offering two existing content into one course (or product).
3. Add your content. The new member page that you created is empty. You can add videos, text, downloadable files, and more!
- If you're going to add YouTube videos, make sure that these videos are set to "Unlisted". This way, only people who have the link will have access to your site and it will not searchable on YouTube.
- All files (PDF, documents, sheets, ec) that you upload on your members-only page will be secured. If anyone tries to access it via a direct link, it will not be accessible.
Test out your new website!
When you're done setting up content for your members-only page, go back to Settings > Membership. Copy and paste the test logins and save it in your notepad. Hit Publish and you're live! You can now use the test logins to check your buyer flow.