How to add a Simple Store section to your website?
Add your product. Connect to a payment gateway. Start selling. Building your eCommerce site is really that simple. Here's our guide to help get your initial shop set up in minutes.
Step 1: Adding the Simple Store section
If your template doesn't have a Simple Store section yet, you start on this step. If you do, you can skip to Step 2.
- Go to your site editor and click "Add New Section" in the left panel.
- Select the "Simple Store" section from the section list.
Step 2: Adding your Product
- Click on the "Store" tab from your site editor.
- Click the "Add New Product" button to start.
Note: Free and Limited users can list one product, and Pro users can add up to 300 products.
- Chose the type of product you want to sell (Physical, Service, or Digital products)
Fill out the product name and description fields. We recommend keeping the description short and simple. Then, upload your product images. Select a cover image and reorder it accordingly.
Set your price. You can set the price and stock of your products without any worry, because you can modify the currency in the SETTINGS > Accept Payments later, in case you are not selling in USD.
If you’re selling different product variations, let's say different colors or sizes, add the product variations by clicking the "Add Option" button.
If you need to collect shipping addresses from your customers, be sure to tick the Shipping option box:
4. Hit "Save," and viola! You’ve added a product to your Simple Store.
Step 3: Accepting Payments
- Click on the "Accept Payment" tab from your Settings.
- You can change the currency for your store by choosing from the Store Currency dropdown.
- After choosing the currency, you can now choose which payment option you want to add to your store. We currently support Stripe, PayPal, and Square. If your country doesn't support the following payment gateways, you can use Offline Payment instead.
Note: The products in your store will only show as "Coming Soon" if you haven't set up your payment gateway yet.
Step 4: Final Steps
After you've connected your payment gateway, your store is live! You can continue to tweak your Store settings and layouts, but you're already set to collect payments!
Additional changes you can make for your store:
- Change the language for your store's checkout
- Set up global shipping rates
- Set up shipping fee per item weight
- Tweak email notifications to your customers
- Image Size Specifications - What is the proper size for an image?
- And more!
Good luck with your store launch and let us know if you have any questions!