We want to simplify customer communications so we set up a series of automatic email notifications to your customer after he/she places an order.
When customers submit an order, they'll receive an automatic confirmation email. They'll also receive a notification email when you ship their order or issue a refund. You’ll receive email notifications when a new order comes in or when your stock is running low.
Email notifications sent to you:
- Order Placed - Sent when a new order is placed
- Out of Stock - Sent when product is out of stock
Email notifications sent to your customers:
- Order Confirmed - Sent automatically after purchase
- Order Completed - Sent automatically when an order is marked as completed
- Order Refunded - Sent automatically when a refund is issued
You can preview what each email looks like here:
Here's a sample preview:
Note: Besides English, we also support French, Spanish, Japanese, and Chinese translations for the emails. Find out how here, in our language guide.
You can’t disable email notifications in this panel. But you can customize Order Completed email by adding a note to your customers when completing an order. The notes you add will be included in the Order Completed notification that's sent to your customer.
Email Notification Settings
In the Email Notifications panel, you can edit the following:
- Email templates - order confirmation messages.
- Customer-facing Emails: Sent-from - where the emails to your customers are sent from
- Customer-Facing Emails: Reply-to - where your notifications are sent to
Tip: The address you enter in “Customer-facing Emails: Sent-from” field must be a real email address, and must not be on a free email service (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org). Otherwise, the notifications may get sent to your customer's spam inbox.
Edit Email Templates for Order notifications
If you'd like to set a certain tone in the order notifications for branding consideration, or you'd like to send instant download links, you can do it through the "Email templates" (for Pro/VIP).
Email templates can be customized by following these steps:
1. In your Settings, go to Email Notifications > Show advanced options > Email Templates and click "Edit" on any of the order notifications.
2. Edit the subject and the message body. Don't forget to hit "Save" when you're done!
Sample edited template:
- The subject and message body can be modified. However, the order details cannot be edited.
- If you'd like to go back to the original template, you can do so by clicking "Restore defaults", then "Save".