In Simple Store, if you activate Offline Payments and a customer selects this option during checkout, the customer will not pay online when they submit the order.
This is useful, for example, if you want your courier service to accept payments for you, so the customer can pay the courier when the package arrives at their door.
Setting Up Offline Payments
In Simple Store Settings > Payment, click the “Offline Payments” option. You'll need to fill out two fields. The Payment Method Name will be shown to the customer at checkout, when they select a payment method. The Payment Instruction to Your Customers will be shown right before the customer confirms their order. (Refer to the animated GIF below to see how your customers will complete their order.)
- You must set up the the actual offline payment process yourself!
- If you only want to accept offline payments in certain countries, you can enter that information in the Payment Method Name - e.g. "Cash on Delivery - Only for Japan"
- Payment instructions to your customers should include how payment will be collected, or anything else your customers should know when they order with Offline Payments. This instruction will also be included in the "order confirmed" email notification sent to the customer.
After setting up Offline Payments, your customer can easily place their order without paying online.
If you want to deactivate offline payment, just click "Disable" link on the bottom right of offline payment settings panel.
Completing and Canceling Orders
- As the store owner, you need to confirm payment was collected before marking orders Completed in your Simple Store Manager.
- If you don’t receive payment from your customer for a long time, you can cancel the order in order manager. An email notification about order cancellation will be sent to your customer.