In Simple Store, if you activate Offline Payments and a customer selects this option during checkout, the customer will not pay online when they submit the order.
This is useful, for example, if you want your courier service to accept payments for you, so the customer can pay the courier when the package arrives at their door.
Setting Up Offline Payment Method
In Simple Store Settings > Payment, click the “Offline Payments” option. You'll need to fill out two fields. The Payment Method Name will be shown to the customer at checkout, when they select a payment method. The Payment Instruction to Your Customers will be shown right before the customer confirms their order. (Refer to the animated GIF below to see how your customers will complete their order.)
- You must set up offline payment yourself!
- If you only want to accept offline payments in certain countries, you can enter that information in the Payment Method Name - e.g. "Cash on Delivery - Only for Philippines"
- Payment instructions to your customers should include how payment will be collected, or anything else your customers should know when they order with Offline Payments.
After setting up Offline Payments, your customer can easily place their order without paying online.
Completing and Canceling Orders
- As the store owner, you need to confirm payment was collected before marking orders Completed in your Simple Store Manager.
- If you don’t receive payment from your customer for a long time, you can cancel the order in order manager. An email notification about order cancellation will be sent to your customer.
Supported Countries and Currencies
Offline Payment is currently supported in India, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Bangladesh, China with currencies below.
- INR: Indian rupee - ₹
- JPY: Japanese Yen - ¥
- TWD: New Taiwan Dollar - NT$
- IDR: Indonesian rupiah - Rp
- MYR: Malaysian ringgit - RM
- PHP: Philippine peso - ₱
- SGD: Singapore Dollar - S$
- THB: Thai baht - ฿
- BDT: Bangladeshi taka - Tk (or ৳)
- CNY: Chinese Yuan - ¥
We'll rollout this feature to more countries soon.