One way to prevent search engines like Google from displaying your website in their search results is to hide it from their visibility.
To hide or remove your site from search results:
1. Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS > "Show Advanced" > "Privacy & Legal".
2. Tick the checkbox beside "Hide from Search Engines".
3. Hit "SAVE".
4. Publish your site for the changes to take effect.
If your site has been indexed by search engines, it might take some time for search engines to update their database to hide your website.
While waiting, you can also try the following options:
- Use the Google Removal tool to speed up the process.
- Prevent images on your page from appearing in search results. If the images remain in the search result after the site is removed, you can send us the image link and ask us to delete the image from our servers. Some images stay on the servers for a period of time, even after the site is deleted.
- Remove your personal information from Google.
- Unpublish your website or remove the content from your site.
- Restrict your site access, like using a password to protect your website or setting your page to member-only.