Can I blog on Strikingly?
Definitely! You can add a Blog section to any of your sites and start blogging immediately! Here's how you can get started:
- Add a blog section
- Create a new post
- Save your blog post
- Edit post settings
- Preview blog post
- Publish blog post
- Edit an existing post
- Set up Blog Settings
- Frequently Asked Questions
Add a blog section
1. To add a new blog section, go to your Site Editor and click on "Add New Section".
2. Choose the "Blog" category.
3. Click a style you like to add a new blog section. (You can always change the style later in the section Layout)
Create a new post
1. After adding the new blog section, hover your mouse over the section and click "Manage Blog Posts".
2. Click "Write New Post."
3. Start writing your first blog post by typing in any text. Or click the + sign to select other types of content, such as images, videos, buttons, and separators.
Save your blog post
1. As you make edits in the blog editor, your changes are automatically saved. You can see the saving status on the top left of the blog editor.
2. You can also click "Save now" to manually save your changes.
If you need to undo any edits during the editing process, you can use "Ctrl+Z" or "Command+Z" to go back. Please note that this only applies to text editing.
Note: Saving your edits will not automatically update the live version of your blog post. To make your changes visible on the live site, you need to publish the updates.
Edit post settings
On the "SETTINGS" at the top left corner of your blog editor, you can:
Preview blog post
To preview your blog post, click the "PREVIEW" button located at the top left corner of your blog editor. This will allow you to see how your blog post will appear before publishing it.
Publish blog post
1. When your blog post is ready, click the "PUBLISH" button at the top left corner of your blog editor to make it live on your site.
2. You have the option to publish the post immediately.
Or you can schedule it for a later time.
4. Don't forget to check the option "Send to all subscribers" to send the post to your blog subscribers if you wish to do so.
If you don't see the option, it means you currently don't have any subscribers for your blog yet.
Alternatively, you can also publish the blog post directly from the Blog Posts Manager. However, this option is only available for immediate publishing and does not support scheduling or sending to blog subscribers.
Edit an existing post
1. Go to your blog section, hover your mouse over the section, and click "Manage Blog Posts".
Or you can go to the site editor > SETTINGS, click on "BLOG" and you will see the Blog Posts Manager.
2. Locate the specific blog post you wish to edit, and click on the "EDIT" button next to it.
3. Once you have made the edits, remember to save or publish the updated post.
Set up Blog Settings
1. Go to the site editor and click on "SETTINGS".
2. Select "BLOG" and choose "Blog Settings".
3. In the Blog Settings, you can configure the following:
- Blog Post Header: Customize the header for your blog posts to display the site navigation menu or hide it (Standalone post layout).
- Blog Post Order: Set the order in which your blog posts are presented, either from newest to oldest or oldest to newest.
- Comments: Choose whether to allow comments on your blog posts. Read more.
- RSS Feed: Control the availability of an RSS feed for your blog. Read more.
- Blog Subscription: Decide if you want to enable or disable blog subscription options. Read more.
- AMP: Enable or disable AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) for your blog. Read more.
- Header/Footer Code: Insert custom code that will be applied to all blog posts. Read more.
4. Make the desired changes and save your settings.
Explore more blog features and options:
- Blog Posts Manager: Managing and Organizing Your Blog Posts
- Adding Multiple Blog Sections
- Backdate Blog Posts
- Hide Blog Post Date
- Customize blog preview image and blog post cover page
- Pin blog posts to the top
- Change the Social Media Buttons on Blog
- Google Analytics for Simple Blog
- Optimize blog posts for search engines
Frequently Asked Questions
How many blog posts can I publish? What are the limits for blog posts?
You can publish an unlimited number of blog posts on Strikingly. There is no limit to the number of blog posts you can create. However, each blog post should not exceed 60,000 characters, including spaces, and paragraphs are recommended to be within 500 characters for optimal readability.
How can I change "Read more" to pagination, displaying page numbers like 1, 2, 3?
Unfortunately, the option to change "Read more" to pagination is currently not supported in Strikingly. The "Read more" feature is designed to display new results while preserving the previous ones, unlike pagination, which replaces the previous results.
How can I make a blog post only accessible via a link?
If you want to restrict access to a specific blog post and make it accessible only to a select group of people, you can add a password to the blog post. Visit Add Password Protection To Blog Posts to learn more.