Strikingly Bookings are here! Add a new event in your Bookings section. Set your event information, and availability, then start taking appointments. Review and manage your bookings easily.
The Bookings section is available for all pricing plans - Free, Limited, Pro and VIP. However, each plan type has different limits on the number of bookable events allowed:
- Free plan - Limited to 1 event
- Limited plan - Up to 4 events
- Pro plan - Up to 10 events
- VIP plan - Up to 100 events
What type of businesses can use the Bookings Section?
We currently support 1-on-1 and 1-on-Multiple attendees booking modes. Some examples of the types of businesses that use Bookings include:
- Beauty and Hair Salons
- Health Consultations
- Yoga / Fitness / Dance
- Pet Care
- Fashion Stylists
- Business Consultations
- Adventure Bookings
- Cleaning Services
- Chiropractic Services
- Massage Services
Note: More complicated services like hotel rentals are not fully supported right now. If you are in a service or industry that you don't see here, send us a message via support, and we'll keep you updated in the future!
How do I add the booking section to my site?
- Go to your site editor and click "Add New Section" in the left panel.
- Go to "Commerce" and select the "Booking" section from the list.
- Here's what it looks like.
How do I set up your event type?
There are two ways to go to the Booking settings:
- Click on the booking section you've added.
- Go to your Settings > Bookings > Event Type.
Once you are there, click on the "Add Event Type" button to get started. Adding an event type is similar to adding products in the store section. You can set the image, name, and description, and copy the item URL as an individual page. Event types have some unique fields:
Required field. Your attendees will see this in the email and event info. This can be a physical location like an address, or just "online."
You can select 15 minutes / 30 minutes / 45 minutes / 1 hour / 1.5 hours / 2 hours / 3 hours / 4 hours to determine how long each booking will be. This is the duration of an individual booking, for example, a single customer's salon appointment.
For example in the attendee view - the change of duration will impact on the live site:
- If you set 30 minutes, the time slots start from your weekly hours and show 10:00am-10:30am, 10:30am-11:00am, 11:00am-11:30am…
- If you set 1 hour, show 10:00am-11:00am, 11:00am-12:00an, 12:00am-1:00pm…
- If you set 4 hours, show 10:00am-2:00pm, 2:00pm-6:00pm, 6:00pm-10:00pm…
This setting determines when bookings are available. You can set Recurring Weekly Hours and Fixed Date Overrides. This is designed for recurring routines and special day schedules (e.g. holidays).
Fixed Date Overrides will override the time of Recurring Weekly Hours if they overlap. For example, if you've set a recurring availability for MON 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, and you've set an override on Jan 24, 2022 (Monday) as "Not Available", your attendee will not be able to book for Jan 24, 2022.
Attendee experience in the live site
After you've set up an event type (with duration and availability), your site visitors will be able to make bookings. Visitors will select the event type and see a date & time picker, with the slots that are available to book:
Upon successful booking, the visitor will receive a booking confirmation email.
If your customers want to cancel their bookings, they'll have to contact you directly and you can manually cancel a booking in the editor (Editor > Bookings > Scheduled). Please note that we can only cancel the whole event for now. The cancelation for the single-booking attendee is not yet supported yet, but this function is coming soon!
Manage your events
Find this inside the Editor > Bookings > Scheduled > Upcoming / Past.
When a new booking has been made, this list will show a booking record with Event Date, Start & End Time, Event Name, and Attendees
- Event Date: This shows the time the attendee selected when making the booking.
- Start & End Time: This shows the time the attendee selected when making the booking.
- Event Name: This shows the event name when this booking was made. (It won’t be changed even if you change the event name in the future.)
- Attendees: Shows information about the attendee's name and contact info
For more details, you can download your event CSV file that displays all booking records from your attendees.
Currently, the Booking section does not support adding a payment gateway directly. However, you can still provide payment options to your customers by adding payment details in the booking description or by using the Simple Store feature and creating a service product. If you would like to add a Simple Store section, here are the steps to follow.