When you have Live Chat activated on your website, you can choose to prompt or not prompt your site visitor for their email addresses before they start chatting with you. You can choose between three settings:
Email Prompt Settings
1. Smart Email Prompt (Recommended). This settings will allow your site visitors to opt-out of putting in their email addresses before they can chat with you. They can do that by clicking "Cancel" on the live chat window.
2. Email Required. This setting will require all your site visitors to enter an email address before they can start chatting.
3. Email Not Required. This setting will not require any email addresses from your site visitor so they can start chatting with you right away!
But don't worry--at the bottom of your chat box, your site visitor will still have the option to enter their email address if they want to hear from you.
Set Up Email Prompt on Live Chat
To set up email prompts, login to your Strikingly account and open your site editor.
1. Go to Settings > Live Chat.
2. Under "Away Message", you will find "Require Email Address to Chat".
3. Select which setting you prefer and hit "Save" when you're done!
Adding Email Address from your Audience Tab
For anonymous site visitors, you can still edit their contact info or update their email address.
1. Go to your Audience tab and select the contact that you want to update.
2. Click More Actions > Edit Info.
3. You can now edit your contact!