What is GDPR?
GDPR is a European privacy law approved by the European Commission in 2016 which is designed to unify and regulate EU residents’ control of their personal data. It is set to replace Directive 95/46/EC and will be enforced by May 25, 2018.
What does it mean for everyone?
How do I make my website GDPR Compliant?
Making your website GDPR-compliant is easy with Strikingly. You can activate the GDPR Compliance option by following these steps:
- In your site editor, click Settings>Advanced>Legal.
2. Tick the "General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance" box and hit "Save".
You can also set your own consent message by clicking “Edit Consent Message”.
- You can input your own consent message.
- You can edit the name of the link, or add your own <a href>.
3. After activating GDPR compliance, all Strikingly web forms on your website will then have checkboxes for agreeing to your consent message.
That's it! You're all set.
Note: Any request received from a new GDPR-compliant web form will show in the Form Responses screen if a visitor has consented to your website.