Setting up DNS:
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your Namecheap domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your Namecheap domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your Namecheap account and click "Domain List" from menu. Then click the "Manage" button inline with the domain you'd like to connect.
2. Click "Advanced DNS" tab, then click the "Add new record" button.
3. Select "URL Redirect Record" from the drop-down menu. Then set "@" as "Host" and add http://www.yourdomain.com in the "Value" field. Don't forget to change the redirect to "Permanent (301)" as seen on the screenshot.
Note: http://www.yourdomain.com is an example.
4. Again, click on "Add New Record" and select "CNAME Record" this time.
Set up "www" as "Host" and "www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com". In the "Value" field. Set TTL to "60 min". Don't forget to click the "Save All Changes" or the check button!
Note: yourdomain.com is only an example and should be replaced with your own domain name.
5. That's it! You can check back after 24-48 hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache before checking on your site.
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your domain again (ex. www.domain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at email@example.com! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.
Remove Namecheap Parkingpage
By default, when you purchase a domain and not linked to a website, the parking page is turned on. This prevents the "www" CNAME from being modified to point to us (www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com).
Here’s how to disable the parking page:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap Account.
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain:
3. Scroll down to the Other Domain Settings section and make sure that it is indicated as OFF
Note: Normally, it takes 30 minutes for the settings to take effect.