Google Search Console is a free service that helps your site be found on Google more quickly!
Before You Start
- Remove the password protection of your site or page. Passwords prevent Google from indexing your content.
- Disable the "Hide from Search Engines" option.
- Connect a custom domain to your website. For best results, we recommend waiting 72 hours after you set up your domain before verifying it with Google Search Console.
- Publish your website.
To verify your website with Google Search Console and submit a sitemap:
1. Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS" > "Show Advanced" > "Services". Click "CONNECT TO GOOGLE" under Connect this site to Google Search Console.
2. A pop-up will appear, prompting you to sign in to your Google account. Once you've logged in, click on "Allow" to grant Strikingly access to your Google account.
3. Congratulations, you are now successfully connected to Google Search Console!
4. Next, click "SUBMIT SITEMAP" and submit your site to Google. It may take anywhere from several minutes to a few days. You can also submit it to Google again.
- We automatically resubmit the sitemap whenever pages are added or removed. You can also manually submit it again if the updates are not appearing in Google.
- You can add or remove a verified owner from Google Search Console ownership by clicking on "Manage ownership."