Can I link a specific section of my site? Where do my links go?
Yes! Click this link: http://www.strikingly.com/pro#styles-colors
You'll notice it goes automatically to the 7th section titled "Style your site" on the page.
Note: These used to appear automatically in the address bar when scrolling, but we have disabled them because they affect other parts of the site.
How do I link a specific section by name?
- Go to your site editor.
- Figure out the section name of the section you want by using the left hand panel.
- Converting it. Punctuation is ignored and hyphens are added, such that section "Who are we?" becomes "who-are-we"
- Add it to your link. If you have a custom domain, then add #who-are-we, after your domain. For example: yourdomain.com/#section-name. If you have no domain connected, then it will be or http://page.strikingly.com/#section-name.
- Send that link to friends -- this is a good way to let users "jump" down to a later section on your page.
- If you are linking to a section on the SAME PAGE, you can simply put the latter part (just "#2" or "#who-we-are" "#section-name" in the "url:" box when linking text or images!
How do I link a specific section by number?
You can also link to a section by number! Just use http://www.yourdomain.com/#2 to go to the second section, or http://page.strikingly.com/#2 if you don't have a domain connected.
- Be careful! You do not need the "s/pages/" or "/edit" part in your link -- if you have this, it's because you are looking at the site inside the editor, rather than looking at the live site.