Can I link a specific section of my site? Where do my links go?
Yes! Click this link: http://www.strikingly.com/pro#styles-colors
You'll notice it goes automatically to the 7th section titled "Style your site" on the page.
Note: These used to appear automatically in the address bar when scrolling, but we have disabled them because they affect other parts of the site.
How do I link a specific section by name?
- Go to your site editor.
- Figure out the section name of the section you want by using the left hand panel.
- Converting it. Punctuation is ignored and hyphens are added, such that section "Who are we?" becomes "who-are-we"
- Add it to your link. If you have a custom domain, then add #who-are-we, after your domain. For example: yourdomain.com/#section-name. If you have no domain connected, then it will be or http://page.strikingly.com/#section-name.
- Send that link to friends -- this is a good way to let users "jump" down to a later section on your page.
- If you are linking to a section on the SAME PAGE, you can simply put the latter part (just "#2" or "#who-we-are" "#section-name" in the "url:" box when linking text or images!
How do I link a specific section by number?
You can also link to a section by number! Just use http://www.yourdomain.com/#2 to go to the second section, or http://page.strikingly.com/#2 if you don't have a domain connected.
- Be careful! You do not need the "s/pages/" or "/edit" part in your link -- if you have this, it's because you are looking at the site inside the editor, rather than looking at the live site.
Linking to Specific Sections in a Multipage Site
If you want to add links to different in your site's navigation menu, go into your page manager and add an external link.
Click on the setting gear and select the option to link to [Page & Sections] from the external link menu dropdown.
Select the page and section you want to link to and position the external link up to where you'd like it to show in your site's navigation menu.