Having a display of products lets potential buyers decide or have a look at what they might buy. We have the "Portfolio" section that allows you to do that for your customers to let them see what you offer. There are a few things, though, that you'd have to keep in mind when showing your product line-up online:
- Show a detailed view of or images of your products. People buying on the internet can't really see what your products actually look like, so it's best to have photos with exceptional quality.
- Give it a premium "feel". You'd want people to get more interested in what you're selling. Since your customers can't check your products physically, it is good to have images that highlight the product itself. A clear image of your product against a white background usually does the trick!
Setting up a product showcase should be easy. Let me show you how you can do it:
- In your site editor, click the "Add new section" button on the left panel.
- Scroll down and pick the "Creative Portfolio" or "Product Catalog" section.
- Click "Add Product" in the section.
- Start adding your products like how you would in a regular "Simple Store" section. Click the "Add New Item" button.
- You can add up to 10 images on each product, and a product description of up to 1200 characters.
The images will be shown as below. Notice that there are thumbnails, which you can click if you'd like to view and enlarge the other images on the product page.
There are also options for you to utilize, such as
- Show Price - Display your product pricing to make it easier for your customers in making a buying decision.
- Show Button - Link your product to a product review page. Since online buyers can't go to a physical store to inspect the product quality, most of them rely on other buyers' feedback.
- Categories - On a Pro/VIP account, you can use "Categories" to organize your product showcase if you are selling different products. For instance, you sell a lot of apparel. You can create categories like Shirts, Jeans, Shorts, Dresses, etc. Here's how you can set up categories.
- Show Detailed Description - Aside from the product description page, you can add more details here about your product, such as ingredients, directions for use, etc. The Detailed Description also allows up to ten more images.
- Use custom product URL - On Pro/VIP, you can use a link that's specific to each product you're showcasing, which makes it easier for your potential buyers to remember.
- When you're done adding all info on your product page, hit "Save". This will automatically update the Product Showcase on your live site if previously published.
Adding Categories to Product Showcase
To add and manage product categories, go to your Creative Portfolio section, then click "Categories". Click the "Add new category" button to create. You can also rename, delete, or reorder categories in this panel.
Adding Products to Categories
After setting up your categories, go back to your product manager to add products to the categories.
Pick one product to edit and click the "Select a category" drop-down menu to add a category tag. You can add up to five category tags for each product. Click "Save" when you're done.
Once you've added and saved the category tags for each one of your products, the Creative Portfolio section should show all categories on a menu at the top. This is one way to show product categorization.
Another way to showcase your products with one product category per section is by selecting a specific category tag. If you choose to do it this way, only those products tagged with the specific category will be shown in the Creative Portfolio section.
Adding Region Options:
VIP users can now show different prices for visitors from different regions. To add region options, go to Settings > Portfolio > Portfolio Settings and click the "Add New Region Options" button.
You will be asked to choose the country/region, the currency, the item, and its region price. Don't forget to click Save and Done when you finish adding the details.
How many products can I add?
Free plan: 6 products
Limited plan: 10 products
Pro: 500 products