Having a display of products lets potential buyers decide or have a look at what they might possibly buy. We have the "Product Showcase" section that allows you to do that for your customers to let them see what you have to offer. There are a few things, though, that you'd have to keep in mind when showing your product line-up online:
- Show a detailed view or images of your products. People buying on the internet can't really see what your products actually look like, so it's best to have photos with great quality.
- GIve it a premium "feel". You'd want people to get more interested in what your selling. Since your customers can't check your products physically, it is good to have images that highlight the product itself. A clear image of your product against white background usually does the trick!
Setting up a product showcase should be easy. Let’s me show you how you can do it:
- In your site editor, click the "Add new section" button on the left panel.
- Scroll down and pick the "Product Showcase" section.
- Click "Add Product" on the section.
- Start adding your products like how you would in a regular "Simple Store" section. Click the "Add New Product" button.
- You can add up to 10 images on each product, and a product description of up to 600 characters.
The images will be shown as below. Notice that there are thumbnails, which you can click on if you'd like to view and enlarge the other images on the product page.
There are also other options for you to utilize such as:
- Show Price - Display your product pricing to make it easier for your customers in making a buying decision.
- Show Button - Link your product to a product review page. Since online buyers can't go to a physical store to inspect the product quality, most of them rely on other buyers' feedback.
- Categories - On a Pro/VIP account, you can use "Categories" so your product showcase is organized if you are selling different types of products. For instance, you sell all types of apparel. You can create categories like Shirts, Jeans, Shorts, Dresses, etc. Here's how you can set up categories.
- Show Detailed Description - Since the main product description. Aside from longer text description only allows up to 600 characters, you can put more details here about your product, such as ingredients, directions for use, etc. The Detailed Description also allows up ten more images.
- When you're done adding all info in your product page, hit "Save". This will automatically update the Product Showcase on your live site, if previously published.
Adding Categories to Product Showcase
To add and manage product categories, go to your Product Showcase section, then click "Categories". Click the "Add new category" button to start creating. You can also, rename, delete, or reorder categories in this panel.
Adding Products to Categories
After setting up your categories, go back to your product manager to add products into the categories.
Pick one product to edit and click the "Select a category" drop-down menu to add a category tag. You can add up to five category tags for each product. Click "Save" when you're done.
Once you'd added and saved the category tags for each one of your products, the Product Showcase section should show all categories on a menu at the top. This is one way to show product categorization.
Another way to showcase your products with one product category per section is by selecting a specific category tag. If you choose to do it this way, only those products tagged with the specific category will be shown on the Product Showcase section.
If you have any questions or feedback for us about our Product Showcase feature, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us!