This article will help setting up domains registered in Name.com.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from us, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Note: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your Name.com domain, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your account on name.com
- Click your domain in the "My Domains" box and select "Manage DNS Records".
- In the "Manage DNS" page, click the "Show DNS Templates" button.
- Select "Strikingly" from the drop-down menu. This should set the correct DNS settings (highlighted in green).
Note: No need to change anything else as the DNS template is preset!
- Click the "Update DNS Records" button. The records should be added automatically.
Note: It takes 24 up to 48 hours for your new settings to kick in (DNS requires some time to propagate).
Please check back after a few hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your domain again (ex. www.yourdomain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.