- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain from Name.com
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your www and root domain to your Strikingly site. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help. Or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
1. Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS > Domains".
2. Put your custom domain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" box, such as "www.yourdomain.com" (without https:// or http:// or /).
3. Click "UPDATE".
- Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Choose your registrar after you click "UPDATE" and continue the setup from your registrar.
Step 2: Find Name.com's DNS settings
1. Sign in to your Name.com's account.
3. Click on the domain name you’d like to connect with your Strikingly site.
4. Click "Manage DNS Records" under Domain Details > DNS.
Step 3: Use Template to Add A and CNAME records on Name.com
1. Click "Show DNS Templates".
2. Select "Strikingly" from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Click "Update DNS records".
4. There, the records are added!
Step 4: Wait for the records to take effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
- Connecting Subdomains to your Strikingly Site (e.g. info.domain.com, shop.domain.com)
- Live Site Error "Page not found"
- Live Site Error: "Your connection is not private/secure"
- Troubleshooting: Site is Down
- Standard Troubleshooting Steps