Strikingly Simple Store allows you to easily charge sales tax on all products in your shop. Note that this feature is only available for Pro users and businesses in EU covered by VAT laws. Taxes can be extremely complicated so be sure to consult a tax professional for questions about applicable tax laws.
1. To set up VAT, go to your Simple Store Dashboard and click the [TAXES] tab. Select "European VAT Tax" from the Tax Mode dropdown.
2. Enter the tax rate in the field. You can choose to add different rates for all countries, or varied tax rates based on location. Make sure that you've consulted with a tax advisor before setting up tax rates!
This will apply the the tax rate to all orders (excluding shipping). Your tax rate applies to:
- The subtotal before shipping cost is added on (if applicable)
- The subtotal after discounts (if applicable)
- Every item in your shop
- Every location you ship to
Taxes will appear in your buyer’s checkout process like this:
- If you enable tax in your store, the tax is calculated by using this formula Tax = Price * Tax Rate.
- If buyer has a coupon, tax should be applied to the discounted subtotal.
While we currently do not have an accounting feature that would allow you to calculate the total tax that you've collected through your shop, you can still export the data from your Simple Store's order management dashboard. The data will be downloaded in a .CSV file.