This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your Wix domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
Step 1. Hook up your domain to your Strikingly site:
(Please note: www.yourdomain.com is an example. You should replace it with your own domain.)
Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings > Domains and specify the subdomain you'd like to use for your site, such as "www.yourdomain.com" (the name of your domain). Then click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2. Set up Your Domain
- Login to your Wix account, mouse over the "Subscriptions" menu and click "Domains".
- In the "My Domains" page, click the drop-down button inline with the domain you'd like to connect. Then select "Advanced".
- Scroll down to the "DNS Records" section and click the "Edit DNS" button.
- Set up the following records:
A (Host): Host - yourdomain.com (this is an example)
Points to - 184.108.40.206
TTL - 1 Hour
CNAME (Aliases): Host - www.yourdomain.com (this is an example)
Points to - dns.strikingly.com
TTL - 1 Hour
Once done, click the "Save DNS" button at the top-right corner of the page.
That's it! You're done connecting your domain to your Strikingly site!
Note: It takes up to a few hours before your new settings kick in (DNS requires some time to propagate).
Check back after a few hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
If your site doesn't go online after a few hours, contact email@example.com and include a screenshot of your domain's DNS settings so we can help!
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
1. Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your subdomain again (ex. yoursubdomain.domain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
2. If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.