This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your Network Solutions domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box such as "www.yourdomain.com". Then click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your Network Solutions domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to Network Solutions. Click "Edit DNS".
2. Tick the box next to the domain you'd like to configure and click the "Edit DNS" button.
3. Click "Edit A Records".
4. Add an A record for the root domain (@) as follows. Click "Continue" and confirm your changes.
5. If you already have a WWW CNAME record, (usually it's pointing to @), click to EDIT that record and replace @ with "www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com." , as shown below. Click "Edit CNAME Records".
Note: yourdomain.com is an example and should be replaced with your own domain name.
6. Add a CNAME record for "www" pointing to "www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com.". Click "Continue" and confirm your changes.
7. All done! Your domain's new settings might kick in up to 24 to 48 hours so you may have to wait it out. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
If your site doesn't go online after 48 hours, contact email@example.com and include a screenshot of your domain settings so we can help!
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your subdomain again (ex. yoursubdomain.domain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.