- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain from 101 Domain
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your www and root domain to your Strikingly site. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help. Or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
- Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Step 2: Find 101 Domain's DNS settings
- Step 3: Add a CNAME record on 101 Domain
- Step 4: Change and Delete A records on 101 Domain
- Step 5: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
1. Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS > Domains".
2. Put your custom domain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" box, such as "www.yourdomain.com" (without https:// or http:// or /).
3. Click "UPDATE".
- Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Choose your registrar after you click "UPDATE" and continue the setup from your registrar.
Step 2: Find 101 Domain's DNS settings
1. Sign in to your 101 Domain account.
2. Click the "Domain Names" tab.
3. Select the domain name that you want to connect to your Strikingly site.
4. Click the "Manage DNS Records" button in the "Name Server & Records" section.
Note: Do not change your nameserver, 101 Domain's default nameserver should be ns1.101domain.com, ns2.101domain.com, ns5.101domain.com
Step 3: Add a CNAME record on 101 Domain
1. Find "+New Record" to fill in the CNAME record.
2. In the Name field, enter www
3. In the TTL field, enter 3600
4. In the Type field, select CNAME
5. In the Value field, enter www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com
www domain in the value field "www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com" should be your domain name. Here are some examples of how the value should be:
6. Click the "Add" button.
Tip: If you can't add a www CNAME record, look for existed CNAME and A records for www and delete them (only for www).
Step 4: Change and Delete A records on 101 Domain
1. Locate the A record for your naked/root domain (e.g. yourdomain.com) under "NAME".
2. Click the pencil icon in line with the A record.
3. In the Value field, enter 126.96.36.199
4. Locate the A record for www under "NAME".
5. Delete this record by clicking the "trash bin" icon.
6. Click "Save".
Step 5: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.