This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your 101 domain to your Strikingly site, if you're managing your domain's DNS via 101 domain panel.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
Step 1. Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings > Domains and specify the domain you'd like to use for your site, such as "www.mydomain.com". Then click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2. Login to your 101 Domain account.
1. On your dashboard, click on the domain name that you want to connect to your Strikingly site.
2. Click "Manage Advanced Domain Record Settings (CNAME, A, MX)".
3. Delete the www A record by clicking on the “X” button beside the A record.
4. Edit your naked/root domain ie mydomain.com setting by clicking the folder icon and typing the following IP Address: 18.104.22.168. Select "Done" to save your changes.
5. A confirmation message will be displayed for you to verify that your changes have been made. Click on "View DNS Records", to go back to the DNS settings page.
6. Add a new CNAME record by selecting "Add a CNAME Record".
In the "Domain Name" field, type in "www" (without the quotation marks). In the third field labeled "Domain Name", type in "www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com" (without the quotation marks). Select "Done" to save you settings.
7. You should see a confirmation to verify that your changes have been made. Click on the domain name, to review you domain settings.
8. To make sure that your domain gets connected, please ensure the following:
a. You only have 1 CNAME record for "www" that points to "www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com".
b. You only have 1 A record that points to "22.214.171.124"
(Note: This IP address will redirect mydomain.com to www.mydomain.com )
9. That's it! Please allow several hours for these settings to kick in. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.