This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your 101 domain to your Strikingly site if you're managing your domain's DNS via 101 domain panel.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
Step 1. Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings > Domains and specify the domain you'd like to use for your site, such as "www.mydomain.com". Then click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2. Login to your 101 Domain account.
- On your dashboard, click on the "Domain Names" menu and select domain name that you want to connect to your Strikingly site.
- Click "Manage DNS Records" button in the "Name Server & Records" section.
- Do the following:
- Delete the www A record by clicking on the "trash bin" icon inline with the A records.
- Edit your naked/root domain ie mydomain.com setting by clicking the pencil icon and typing the following IP Address: 126.96.36.199.
- Click "Save" to save your changes. A confirmation message will be displayed for you to verify that your changes have been made.
- On the same page, add a new CNAME record for "www" by filling in the boxes as shown below:
Note: yourdomain.com should be replaced by your actual domain.
After filling in the details, click "Add" to save your settings.
- To make sure that your domain gets connected, please ensure the following:
- You only have 1 CNAME record for "www" that points to "www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com"
- You only have 1 A record that points to "188.8.131.52"
(Note: This IP address will redirect yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com )
- That's it! Please allow 24 up to 48 hours for these settings to kick in. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.