Subdomains allow you add a Strikingly site while keeping your current site and domain -- by using subdomain.yourdomain.com! You can build pages for a new product launch, event, hiring and more.
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your GoDaddy subdomain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired subdomain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
Notes: Make sure to type your subdomain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your GoDaddy domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your GoDaddy account "DNS" for the domain you want to connect to your Strikingly site.
2. Go the "Records" section
3. Click "Add" and Select "CNAME" from the drop-down menu and set up the following:
Host: yoursubdomain (you could add anything you prefer such as info, about, etc.)
Points to: yoursubdomain.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com
TTL: choose any value (1 hour recommended)
Subdomain to be created: info.genesisdomingo.net
Don't forget to hit "Save" when you're done!
4. That's it. You're done adding a subdomain!
Note: It takes up to a few hours before your new settings kick in (DNS requires some time to propagate).
Check back after a few hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache when you check to see if the domain is working.
If your site doesn't go up after a few hours, contact email@example.com and include a screenshot of your subdomain settings so we can help!
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Not Found Page" error.
1. Check your custom domain settings through Settings>Custom Domain/subdomain in your site editor. Makes sure to add your subdomain if it's not been set up there yet.
2. If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.