- A Strikingly Premium account
- A GoDaddy custom domain
The subdomain is an additional part of your main domain name (root domain). You can use subdomains for different part of your site. For example, if you have a website dedicated to shopping, part of the site yourdomain.com (root domain), you could use the subdomain shop.yourdomain.com.
The most popular subdomain is www. Here's how you can connect the www subdomain and root domain to your site: Connecting a Godaddy domain to your Strikingly site.
For all others subdomains, this guide will walk you through how to connect them. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help, or if you want us to connect your domain for you, send us all the necessary information!
- Step 1: Connect your Custom Domain on your Strikingly site
- Step 2: Find Godaddy's DNS settings
- Step 3: Add a CNAME record on Godaddy
- Step 4: Delete a CNAME record on Godaddy
- Step 5: Wait for the DNS records to become effective
Step 1: Connect your Custom Domain on your Strikingly Site
1. Go to the editor and click on "SETTINGS > Domains".
2. Type your custom domain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" field. Example "info.yourdomain.com, shop.yourdomain.com, blog.yourdomain.com, ecc." (without https:// or http:// o /).
3. Click "UPDATE".
- Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Choose your registrar after you click "UPDATE" and continue the setup from your registrar.
Step 2: Find GoDaddy's DNS settings
1. Log into your Godaddy's account.
2. Find your domain and click on "DNS"
Note: Do not change the nameservers, the default Godaddy's nameserver should show as follows: ns##.domaincontrol.com (### it's a number).
Step 3: Add a CNAME record on Godaddy
1. Select"Add" on the records table.
2. On Type, select CNAME.
3. In the "Host" field, enter the subdomain you want to use (e.g. shop, blog, etc)
4. In the "Points to" field, enter subdomain.yourdomain + .s.strikinglydns.com
subdomain.yourdomain in the value field "subdomain.yourdomain + .s.strikinglydns.com" should be your subdomain name and domain name. These are some examples of how the value should look like:
5. In the "TTL" field, select 1 hour.
6. Click on "Save".
Step 4: Delete a GoDaddy's CNAME record
Step 5: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
- Connect a GoDaddy's domain on Your Strikingly Website (for www and root domain)
- Live Site Error "Page not found"
- Live Site Error: "Your connection is not private/secure"
- Troubleshooting: Site is Down
- Standard Troubleshooting Steps