How do I take screenshots or capture my screen on video?
Sending us a video capture of the error message that you see, how your site looks/behaves or your domain settings can significantly help us resolve your issues faster. This is also helpful to identify bugs!
RECORDING SCREEN ON VIDEO
1. Download a Free Image and Video Capture Tool (This is recommended!)
2. Use Google Chrome Extension
- If you’re using Google Chrome, download the Screencastify Chrome extension.
- After it downloads and installs on your Chrome, add permission to use your mic and camera.
- Start recording by clicking the Screencastify icon on top of your browser and select, Start Recording.
- The icon will have a red circle to indicate that it’s recording your screen.
- To stop recording, click on the icon again and select, Stop Recording.
- A new tab will open that contains your video. Click Share or download it to your local drive.
If you don’t know how to take screenshots, here’s how:
For Windows User
While you’re on the site or while the error message is shown, click "Print Screen (Prt Scn)" from your keyboard.
- Open Microsoft Paint.
- From the menu, click “Edit” and select “Paste” (you can also press CTRL + V from your keyboard after you open MS Paint).
- Now that you have the screenshot of your page, Save it by clicking “File” and selecting “Save As.”
If you’re using Windows 7 or 8
- Open the “Snipping Tool.” (Start > Accessories > Snipping Tool)
- Click “New."
- When the screen fades, drag the cursor around the area that you want to grab. Release the mouse when you’re done.
- Click the “Save” button to save your snip/screenshot.
For MAC Users
- While you’re on the site or while the error message is shown, press ⌘ Command+⇧ Shift+4. Your cursor will turn into a small cross-hair reticle.
- Drag the cursor around the area that you want to grab. Release the mouse when you’re done.
- Your screenshot is now automatically saved on your desktop.
If you’re using the Grab utility
- Open the Grab utility (Applications > Utilities > Grab).
- Click Capture, then select Window.
- Click the Save button to save your screenshot.
SEND US YOUR VIDEO OR SCREENSHOT
To include your screenshot in your email to us, follow these steps:
- Login to your email or email client.
- Compose or create a new message.
- Attach the screenshot/video grab as an email attachment. If your email provider does not allow huge file uploads, you can use a file sharing tool like Gett Sharing.