Here at Strikingly, we let users monitor site activity based on unique visits through our default site stats counter. However, if you’d like to get a more granular report on how your websites are faring in terms of site traffic, you can use Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a free service offered by Google which allows website owners to get comprehensive website traffic reports. These reports include new vs returning visitors, which countries the visits came from, how much time they spent on the site, etc.
How do I get my Google Analytics tracking code?
- If you haven't got an account yet, feel free to create one through http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Complete Google Analytics account sign-up. When setting up a new property, enter your site URL ie http://example.mystrikingly.com or https://www.yourdomain.com if your site has custom domain connected.
- You'll be provided with your unique Google Analytics tracking code.
- If you already have an account and you need to copy the code manually, go to Admin>Property>Tracking Info>Tracking code
- Take note of the code i.e: UA-XXXXXXX-X
How do I add the Google Analytics code to my site?
- Go to your site editor and click Settings>Advanced>Services
- Add the code you got from Google Analytics in the "Google Analytics Tracker" field.
- Click "Update", then "Publish".
- Don’t forget to “Publish” your site after adding the tracking code.
- The Google Analytics tracking code will start working after 24 hours from the time you hit “Publish” in the site editor.
In case you need assistance, shoot us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us.