Can I add background images to my website?
Yes, you can! Watch our short video tutorial -
Or, follow these steps:
1. Open your site editor.
2. Click the Background button. You can choose to add a video background or an image background.
Adding Background Images
1. To view our image library, click "More."
2. To upload your own background image, click "Upload Image." Please note that we can only accept gif, jpeg, png, bmp, and ico.
Adding Background Videos
1. To view our video gallery, click "More."
2. To add your own video, click "Embed Video." Please note that we only support videos hosted from either YouTube or Vimeo.
3. Paste the URL on the box and click Upload. If you want to remove related videos (for YouTube videos only), check out this article.
Can I add a background to a section that doesn't have one?
Not all sections of your page can include a background image -- this is mainly to keep your content clean and easy to read. In this case, background image sections are generally reserved for simple content like a big tagline. More about backgrounds.
(It's possible to use CSS to add a background as a workaround, but the ability to edit CSS is only available for Pro users. Email email@example.com for more info).
How can I make my text more visible?
To make your text more visible, you can choose to have a dark overlay on your images, or use black/white text. We offer this option by default. Check out our overlay selections!
- We recommend using images with 1600 x 900 px for a more optimized view.