This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your BlueHost domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
Step 1. Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings -> Domains and specify the domain you'd like to use for your site, such as "www.mydomain.com". Then click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2. Login to Bluehost. In the top menu, click the "Domains" button.
1. Click the "Redirect" button. On the "Redirects" page, add a new redirect from your naked domain to the "www" subdomain.
For example, if your domain is "mydomain.com", you should add a redirect from "http://mydomain.com" to "http://www.mydomain.com". Refer to the screenshot below for the appropriate settings.
Note: Make sure that you do NOT forward to strikingly.com/yoursite. You will not type strikingly.com/yoursite into any domain registrar.
2. Click the "Zone Editor" button. On the DNS Zone Editor page, under the "Add DNS Record" section, add a new CNAME from "www" to "dns.strikingly.com". Click "Add Record".
If you already have a WWW CNAME record, (usually it's pointing to @), click to EDIT that record and replace @ with dns.strikingly.com, as shown below.
3. You're all set! It may take several hours for these settings to fully come into effect. Be sure to clear your browser cache when you check to see if the domain is working.
If your site doesn't go up after a few hours, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include a screenshot of your domain settings so we can help!
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error...
- Check your Strikingly settings and see if your domain is added! Go to Settings>Custom Domain. Add your domain in this format www.yourdomain.com then update, and re-publish the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at email@example.com or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.