This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your BlueHost domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your BlueHost domain, follow the instructions below:
Login to Bluehost. In the top menu, click the "Domains" button.
1. Click the "Redirect" button. On the "Redirects" page, add a new redirect from your naked domain to the "www" subdomain.
For example, if your domain is "mydomain.com", you should add a redirect from "http://mydomain.com" to "http://www.mydomain.com". Refer to the screenshot below for the appropriate settings.
Note: Make sure that you do NOT forward to strikingly.com/yoursite. You will not type strikingly.com/yoursite into any domain registrar.
2. Click the "Zone Editor" button. On the DNS Zone Editor in "Add DNS Record" section, add a new CNAME from "www" to your domain URL + .s.strikinglydns.com. Click "Add Record". CNAME value should look like this: www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com
If you already have a WWW CNAME record, (usually it's pointing to @), click to EDIT that record and replace @ with www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com, as shown below.
Note: yourdomain.com is an example. It should be changed to your own custom domain.
3. You're all set! It may take several hours for these settings to fully come into effect. Be sure to clear your browser cache when you check to see if the domain is working.
If your site doesn't go online after a few hours, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include a screenshot of your domain settings so we can help!
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error...
- Check your Strikingly settings and see if your domain is added! Go to Settings>Custom Domain. Add your domain in this format www.yourdomain.com then update, and re-publish the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at email@example.com or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.