This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your domain to your Strikingly site, if your domain registrar uses cPanel to manage DNS records.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or If you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
NOTE: If you are using HostGator and you do not have advanced DNS options, you will need to use a different DNS service. Here's our tutorial!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your cPanel domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your cPanel. Under the "Domains" section, click "Redirects."
2. Set up a redirect from your naked domain to the "www" subdomain. Use the following settings, and click "Add."
Note: Make sure that you do NOT forward to yoursite.strikingly.com. You will not type yoursite.strikingly.com into any domain registrar.
3. Return to the cPanel home and click "Advanced DNS Zone Editor."
4. Add a CNAME record that points the "www" subdomain to "www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com." Use the settings below. Be sure to enter "www" in the "Name" field!
If you already have a www CNAME record, (usually it's pointing to @), click to EDIT that record and replace @ with www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com, as shown below. (Format: site URL + .s.strikinglydns.com)
Note: yourdomain.com is an example and should be replaced with your own domain name.
5. That's it! Please allow several hours for these settings to propagate. Your domain will now point to the Strikingly servers. Be sure to clear your browser cache when you check to see if the domain is working.
If your site doesn't go online after a few hours, contact email@example.com and include a screenshot of your domain settings so we can help!
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page Not Found" page...
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings>Custom Domain and see if your domain was added. If not, enter "www.yourdomain.com", hit "Update", "Publish", and check the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.