- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain managed through cPanel
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your www and root domain to your Strikingly site if your domain registrar uses cPanel to manage DNS records.
- If you're connecting a subdomain, you can visit Connecting Subdomains to Your Strikingly Site in cPanel.
- You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
NOTE: If you are using HostGator and you do not have advanced DNS options, you will need to use a different DNS service. Here's our tutorial!
- Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Step 2: Find the Zone Editor in cPanel
- Step 3: Add a CNAME record on cPanel
- Step 4: Add an A record on cPanel
- Step 5: Confirm your setup is complete
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Go to your Strikingly site editor, and click SETTINGS > Domains.
- Enter your custom domain in the "Connect a Domain You Already Own" box, such as “yourdomain.com". (without https:// or http:// or /).
- Click UPDATE.
- Choose OVH as your domain provider, and click “Start Configuration”.
- You will see a popup that displays the records you'll need to set in your domain settings.
Step 2: Find the Zone Editor in cPanel
- Sign in to your cPanel.
- Under the "Domains" section, click "Zone Editor".
Step 3: Add a CNAME record on cPanel
- In the "Name" field, enter www.
- In the "TTL" field, enter 3600.
- In the "Type" field, select CNAME.
- In the "Record" field, enter www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com.
www domain in the value field "www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com" should be your domain name. Here are some examples of how the value should be:
- Your domain is www.example.com, the value should be: www.example.com.s.strikinglydns.com
- Your domain is www.abc.net, the value should be: www.abc.net.s.strikinglydns.com
- Your domain is www.yourdomain.com, the value should be: www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com
- Click "Save Record".
Tip: If you can't add a www CNAME record, look for existing CNAME and A records for www and delete them (only for www).
Step 4: Add an A record on cPanel
- On the Zone Editor, click on the "A Record" button.
- Add your domain name in the "Name" field. Then, add 126.96.36.199 on the "Address' field.
- Click "Add an A record" to save changes.
Step 5: Confirm your setup is complete
- After you’ve confirmed the above setup, go back to your Strikingly site editor and click the "I've fixed, check again" button in the pop-up.
- If you've configured your DNS settings correctly, the pop-up will close, and the domain status will show "Connected".
- If you haven't configured your DNS correctly, the popup will display the error status, and you should go back to step 3 to reconfigure the DNS records correctly.
- Connecting Subdomains to Your Strikingly Site (e.g. info.domain.com, shop.domain.com)
- Live Site Error "Page not found"
- Live Site Error: "Your connection is not private/secure"
- Troubleshooting: Site is Down
- Standard Troubleshooting Steps