This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your 1&1 domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
Step 1: Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings > Domains. Specify the domain you'd like to use for your site, such as "www.mydomain.com", then click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2: Login to 1&1. In the control panel, look in the My Products section and choose "Domains"
- Click the gear icon inline with the domain you'd like to connect and select "Manage Subdomains".
2. Click Add Subdomain
3. Type in "www" as the subdomain and hit "Save".
4. Once saved, click the three dots under "Actions" for the subdomain (www) you have created. Then select "Advanced Settings"
5. On the next page, scroll down to the "DNS Settings" section and click "Edit".
6. Go to the A/AAAA and CNAME Records section. Select the "CNAME" radio button and input "dns.strikingly.com" (without quotations) into the "Alias" field. Then click "Save" and click "Yes" on the pop-up to confirm the change.
7. Click the "Back" button below the "DNS Settings" to go back to the list of domains. On the domain list, expand the menu of the domain you're setting up, then click "Edit Destination".
8. Select the "Redirect" radio button and type in your domain in the format "www.yourdomain.com" in the "Redirect Settings" field. Make sure to use "HTTP redirect", then hit "Save". Click "Yes" on the pop-up to confirm the change.
9. That's it! You're all set now.