This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your 1&1 domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
Step 1: Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings > Domains. Specify the domain you'd like to use for your site, such as "www.mydomain.com", then click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2: Login to 1&1. In the control panel, look in the My Products section and choose "Domains"
- Click "Manage Domains"
2. Click Create Subdomain
3. Type in "www" as the subdomain and hit Create Subdomain.
4. You are taken back to the domain dashboard >> choose Manage Subdomains
5. Look for the Sub domain Overview >> Check the Subdomain you are trying to connect >> dropdown the box and choose Edit DNS settings.
Note: Make sure you are seeing the "www.yourdomain.com" format here or else you have to go back to step 5.
6. Go to the A/AAAA Records (IP addresses) Part and click CNAME and add alias "dns.strikingly.com"
7. You'll be taken back to your "Domains" panel. Click the domain you are working on and go to the " Edit Destination".
8. Select the "Redirect" radio button and type in your domain in the format "www.yourdomain.com" in the "Redirect Destination" field. Make sure to use "HTTP redirect", then hit "Save".
9. That's it! You're all set now.