You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
(Please note: www.domain.com is an example. You should replace it with your own domain.)
Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings > Domains and specify the subdomain you'd like to use for your site, such as "www.yourdomain.com" (the name of your domain). Then click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Note: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2. Set up your domain
1. Login to your GoDaddy account then click "+" for Domains and select "Manage DNS" for the domain you want to connect to your Strikingly site.
2. Scroll down and go to "Forwarding" and hit the "Pencil" Icon for Domain.
3. Forward to: http://www.yourdomain.com (the name of your domain)
Redirect type: 301 (permanent)
Forward settings: Forward only
Note: Make sure to not forward to your title.strikingly.com address.
4. Go the DNS Zone File tab.
5. Under CNAME, select the pencil ("Edit Record") icon and set up the following records:
Points to: dns.strikingly.com
TTL: choose any value (1 hour recommended)
Hit "Save" when you're done!
6. That's it and you're done connecting your domain to your Strikingly site!
Note: It takes up to a few hours before your new settings kick in (DNS requires some time to propagate).
Check back after a few hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your domain again (ex. www.yourdomain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
- If forwarding is not working, edit the A record for @ and point it to 220.127.116.11 instead.
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.