You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Note: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your GoDaddy domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your GoDaddy account "DNS" for the domain you want to connect to your Strikingly site.
2. Scroll down and go to "Forwarding" and hit the "Pencil" Icon for Domain.
3. Forward to: http://www.yourdomain.com (this is an example domain)
Redirect type: 301 (permanent)
Forward settings: Forward only
Note: Make sure to not forward to your title.strikingly.com address.
4. Scroll up and go to the "Records" section.
5. Look for the CNAME www, select the pencil ("Edit Record") icon and set up the following records:
Points to: www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com
TTL: choose any value (1 hour recommended)
Note: yourdomain.com in the example settings above should be replaced with your own domain name.
Hit "Save" when you're done!
6. That's it and you're done connecting your domain to your Strikingly site!
Note: It takes up to a few hours before your new settings kick in (DNS requires some time to propagate).
Check back after a few hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your domain again (ex. www.yourdomain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
- If forwarding is not working, edit the A record for @ and point it to 22.214.171.124 instead.
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at email@example.com or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.